No Bake S'mores Bars

I can't figure out where I found this recipe.... I think it was originally Pinterest, but I am having trouble locating the blogger... if it is your recipe I apologize! 

I love s'mores and have been so sad that I did not eat a single one all summer! Every time we had a fire I thought of it and told myself to remember to buy stuff for s'mores at my next shopping trip. 
Did I remember? No. 

I saw these bars and thought they looked delicious and perfect for a tailgating party. The original recipe calls for mini marshmallows and I accidentally grabbed a bag of regular size. I would recommenced using the mini marshmallows to get the lovely fluffy marshmallow chunks in your bar. It worked fine with the large ones, but they were to hard to chop and I just melted them all. 

My friends and I loved these bars and they were a perfect tailgating treat- no fridge needed! I can't wait to make these again, but will make sure to grab a bag of mini marshmallows! 


Ingredients

1 box golden grahams cereal (12 ounce box)
1 bag mini marshmallows
1 bag milk chocolate chips
5 tablespoons butter


Instructions

Place chocolate chips in the freezer for 30 minutes prior to making the bars. 
In a sauce pan, melt butter over medium low heat. Once melted, add 5 cups of marshmallows. Stir into butter until marshmallows have melted. Remove from heat and transfer to a large mixing bowl.
Add cereal to bowl, stir to coat cereal in the marshmallow mixture. Add chocolate chips and remaining marshmallows. Continue to stir until chocolate chips and marshmallows are evenly distributed.
Press s'mores mixture evenly into a 9 x 13 pan. Refrigerate for one hour, then cut into squares.

Labels: , ,