Peanut Butter Snickers Cookies

Snow, snow and more snow in Wisconsin! The holiday baking bug has bitten me and I am trying all different types of cookies.  I have been wanting to try Smitten Kitchen's Peanut Butter Cookies and I am so happy I did because they do not disappoint. The only change I made was to add chopped candy bar over peanut butter chips.  Ron and I loved these super simple cookies!  I have made a few peanut butter cookies, but I think these take the cake! 


Ingredients

1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
1 cup peanut butter at room temperature (I used smooth)
3/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
1 large egg, at room temperature
1 tablespoon milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup chopped Snickers bars
1/2 cup chocolate chips

For sprinkling: 1 tablespoon sugar, regular or superfine


Instructions

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a large bowl, combine the flour, the baking soda, the baking powder, and the salt. Set aside.

In a large bowl, beat the butter and the peanut butter together until fluffy. Add the sugars and beat until smooth. Add the egg and mix well. Add the milk and the vanilla extract. Add the flour mixture and beat thoroughly. Stir in the peanut butter and chocolate chips. 

Place sprinkling sugar on a plate. Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls into the sugar, then onto ungreased cookie sheets, leaving several inches between for expansion. Using a fork, lightly indent with a crisss-cross pattern, but do not overly flatten cookies. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes. Do not overbake. 

Cool the cookies on the sheets for 1 minute, then remove to a rack to cool completely.

Labels: , ,