Double Dark Chocolate Cookies

Time for December Secret Recipe Club

Secret Recipe Club

This month I received the blog Bizzy Bakes. My first thought was, what a perfect assignment for the holidays!  There were lots of delicious treats to choose from, but I ultimately decided to make Double Dark Chocolate Cookies because I knew my husband would absolutely love them (he is the chocolate lover in our house!).  I loved the rich chocolate flavor of these cookies and, as I predicted, Ron loved them. They were gone in about 2 days.....what are the holidays for!?  I think that these cookies will have to make another appearance this holiday season! 

Thanks for a new tasty treat! 


Ingredients

¼ cup salted butter, softened

¼ cup canola oil 

½ cup packed brown sugar 

¼ cup granulated sugar 

1 egg 

1 tsp vanilla 

1 cup all-purpose flour 

¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder 

½ tap baking powder 

1/8 tap salt 

4 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped (I used dark chocolate chips)


Instructions

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper. 

In a large mixing bowl beat butter with an electric mixer on medium speed for 30 seconds. Beat in oil, brown sugar, and granulated sugar until well combined. Beat in egg and vanilla until combined. 

In a medium bowl whisk together flours, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt; beat into sugar mixture. Stir in chocolate chips.

Drop dough by slightly rounded teaspoons 2 inches apart onto prepared cookie sheets. 

Bake about 12 minutes or just until edges are set. Let cool 1 minute on cookie 

Labels: , , , ,