Pork and Ramen Stir-Fry

A family friend makes delicious homemade egg rolls and we were lucky enough to purchase two dozen. I thought they would be perfect for dinner alongside Pork and Ramen Stir-Fry from Julie's Eats & Treats. I can't tell you the last time I purchased ramen noodles (probably is college), but it was fun to look at all the flavors again and remember what a staple they once were.  This recipe was really simple to put together and tasted wonderful. I  used a broccoli slaw mix over a traditional coleslaw cabbage mix and I thought it worked really well. My only complaint is that the pork becomes a little chewy with this cooking method. The flavors are fantastic, but I think I would like to try adding shrimp next time or maybe chicken. 

Kellen's birthday cake is ordered! I decided on a tailgating theme and can't wait to see how everything comes together! 


Ingredients

1/4 c. reduced-sodium soy sauce
2 Tbsp ketchup
2 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
2 tsp sugar
1/4 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
3 tsp canola oil, divided
1 lb boneless pork loin chops, cut in 1/2 in strips
1 1/2 cup broccoli florets
4 cup coleslaw mix (I used broccoli slaw mix)
1 can  bamboo shoots, drained
4 garlic cloves, minced
2 pkg  Ramen noodles


Instructions

Whisk the first five ingredients together in a small bowl.

In a large skillet, heat 2 tsp oil over medium heat. Add pork and cook until no longer pink. Remove from pan and set aside.

Add remaining oil to pan and cook broccoli for 3 minutes. Add coleslaw mix, bamboo shoots and garlic. Stir Fry 3-4 minutes or until broccoli is crisp-tender. Stir in soy sauce mixture and pork. Heat through.
Meanwhile, cook noodles according to package directions. Discard seasoning mix from Ramen noodles. Drain and then add noodles to the pork mixtures.
Toss to combine.

Labels: , ,