Recipe Swap: Chewy Ginger Molasses Cookies

Time for December Recipe Swap!


This month I received the blog  Jey of Cooking. I have made a few of her recipes before for previous swaps such as, tilapia in tomato bacon butter and quinoa crusted chicken . Both were delicious and I was excited to try something new.   I love molasses cookies and when I came across her recipe for Chewy Ginger Molasses Cookies I was sold (perfect for the holidays as well!).  This recipe is so easy and the flavors are delicious. I love the spice from the ginger with the flavors from the molasses....yum!  

Thank you for an awesome new recipe....I ate a bunch fresh from the oven and I think I need to make another batch!  Thanks also go to Sarah of A Taste of Home Cooking for organizing our swaps! 


Ingredients

3/4 Cup Butter, softened
 2 Cups Sugar (and a little extra for sprinkling at the end)
2 Eggs, beaten
1/2 Cup Molasses
2 tsp Vinegar
3 3/4 Cups Flour
 1/2 tsp. Baking Soda
1 Tbsp Ground Ginger
1/2 tsp Cinnamon
1/4 tsp Ground Cloves


Instructions

Preheat oven to 325.  Beat together butter and sugar until light and fluffy.  Add eggs, molasses and vinegar and beat until well combined.

In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking soda, ginger, cinnamon and clove.  Add flour mixture a little bit at a time to the wet mixture until fully combined.  Using a cookie scoop, drop balls onto a parchment lined baking sheet.  Sprinkle lightly with sugar.

Bake 9-10 minutes.

Labels: , , ,