White Chicken Enchiladas

Do you ever see a recipe and have it on your back burner forever, finally get around to making it and kick yourself for waiting so long!?  I do! 

This recipe from Joyful Momma's Kitchen went around Pinterest like a firestorm and I knew I wanted to try it because I love enchiladas and it was something different than our usual. I really loved the flavor of these enchiladas and they reminded me of enchiladas suzias.  The recipe is really easy to put together and I love broiling the cheese at the end to give it a nice brown crust.  Kellen gave these a try and really enjoyed them. I love that he is still so willing to try different meals! 

This morning Kellen was visited by St. Nick. He left his little shoe out and it was filled with a cutie and an Elmo smartphone toy.

Tonight we are headed to my friend Heather's 30th birthday party. Heather is one of my oldest friends and am so excited to celebrate with her and her family.  On Saturday, Kellen and I are going to have breakfast with Santa with a few friends.  After breakfast we are going to Ron's family's house to make peppernuts and have dinner. Sunday we are going to watch the game.....I hope they win....seriously.... and have take-out with my Dad (my mom, sister and nephew are in Mexico- lucky). 

Have a great weekend!


Ingredients

10 soft taco shells
2 cups cooked, shredded chicken
2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
3 Tbsp butter
3 Tbsp flour
2 cups chicken broth
1 cup sour cream
1 4 oz can diced green chilies


Instructions

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly spray a 9x13 pan. 

Mix chicken and 1 cup cheese. Roll up in tortillas and arrange in baking dish.

In a sauce pan, melt butter, stir in flour and cook 1 minute. Add broth and whisk until smooth. Heat over medium heat until thick and bubbly.

Stir in sour cream and chilies. Do not bring to boil, you don't want curdled sour cream. Pour sauce over enchiladas and top with remaining cheese.

Bake 25 min and then  broil for 3 min to brown the cheese.

Labels: , , ,