Curry Meatloaf with Spicy Sririacha Peanut Glaze

Time for January's Crazy Ingredient Challenge

The theme for this month was peanut butter and ketchup. Jutta (our host) of Hungry LittleGirl picks fun and different flavor combination and lets our creativity take care of the rest.  I have to say that peanut butter and ketchup was a little easier for me than last month's white chocolate and garlic.  My mind immediately went to meatloaf because of the ketchup, but I wanted to figure out a way to incorporate a spicy peanut flavor to my meatloaf.  I used traditional meatloaf ingredients such as beef, onions, peppers, breadcrumb, eggs and ketchup, but I added some unique flavors of curry, ginger and cilantro.  The glaze was added towards the end and I used peanut butter, sriracha, fresh orange juice and brown sugar to create a sweet and spicy  sauce for my meatloaf.  Ron and I both loved the flavors of this dish, and it definitely gives a big kick from the sriracha sauce! 

If you are interested in joining the fun, check out Jutta's blog for more details! 



Ingredients

2 lb lean ground beef
2 Tbl minced green peppers
2 Tbl minced white onion
1/2 cup crushed saltine crackers
1 egg
1/8 cup milk
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp black pepper
1/2 tsp paprika
1/8 cup finely chopped fresh cilantro
1/4 tsp ground ginger
1 tsp curry powder
1/4 cup ketchup

for glaze: 
1/3 cup peanut butter
2/3 cup fresh orange juice
1 Tbl brown sugar
1 tsp soy sauce
1 1/2 tsp Sririacha
pinch or salt and pepper


Instructions

Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees.

Place all meat loaf ingredients into a large bowl.  Gently mix by hand until all ingredients are evenly mixed. Lightly grease a 9x5 loaf pan with cooking spray. Evenly spread meatloaf into the loaf pan. 

Bake for 45 minutes. Add glaze and bake for and additional 15-20 minutes. 

Remove from oven and allow meatloaf to rest for 10 minutes. Slice and serve. 

Labels: , , ,