Pioneer Woman's Pecan Pie

I was organizing my posts the other day and realized that I forgot to post this lovely pie from Christmas!  Ron and I are big fans of pecan pie. My grandmother made the most delicious pecan pie and it is still  a favorite of mine. I know that pecan pie is not everyone's cup of tea, but if you are a fan this recipe from the Pioneer Woman is absolutely delicious!  The only modification I made was cosmetic, and I used 1/2 cup chopped pecans and 1/2 cup whole pecans.  I made this for Ron's family and we all loved it!  If you are looking for a wonderful and traditional pie this is a great and easy recipe. I am thinking of all the different variations that could be made to this recipe....maybe maple or a little bourbon. 


Ingredients

1 whole Unbaked Pie Crust  (I use a frozen deep pie dish pie crust)
1 cup White Sugar
3 Tablespoons Brown Sugar
1/2 teaspoon Salt
1 cup Corn Syrup
3/4 teaspoons Vanilla
1/3 cup Melted Butter (salted)
3 whole Eggs, Beaten
1/2 cup Chopped Pecans
1/2 cup Whole Pecans


Instructions

Next, mix sugar, brown sugar, salt, corn syrup, butter, eggs, and vanilla together in a bowl.

Pour chopped pecans in the bottom of the unbaked pie shell.

Pour syrup mixture over the top. Cover top and crust lightly/gently with foil. Bake pie at 350ยบ for 30 minutes. Remove foil, then continue baking for 20 minutes, being careful not to burn the crust or pecans.

NOTE: PIE SHOULD NOT BE OVERLY JIGGLY WHEN YOU REMOVE IT FROM THE OVEN. If it shakes a lot, cover with foil and bake for an additional 20 minute or until set. Required baking time seems to vary widely with this recipe. Sometimes it takes 50 minutes; sometimes it takes 75!

Allow to cool for several hours or overnight. Serve in thin slivers.

Labels: , ,