Jack and Coke Steaks

Time for May Secret Recipe Club

Secret Recipe Club

This month I received Amy's Cooking Adventures and was excited because she has a blog full of delicious recipes. I almost made Crispy BBQ Quinoa Burgers, but had a hankering for a juicy steak.  I decided to try her recipe for Jack and Coke Steaks. I love what the grilling process does to marinades that contain sugar. It creates the perfect sweet char which, especially on steak, is delicious. The steak is slightly sweet, slightly spicy and a little salty...i.e. fantastic.  I kept the marinade the same, but I did not score the steak and sprinkled a bit of salt prior to grilling because we like a mild saltiness to our steaks.  Ron and I really enjoyed these steaks and loved trying something different than our normal salt, pepper and garlic blend.  If you are a Jack and Coke fan.....or really just a steak fan give these a try because you will not be disappointed! 

I hope you are all having a fantastic Mother's Day how every you choose to celebrate it! I will have more details on our adventures in my weekly meal plan! 


Ingredients

½ cup Jack Daniel’s Bourbon
1 cup Coca Cola
1/3 cup low sodium soy sauce
2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
1 tbsp hot sauce 
1/3 cup brown sugar, packed
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 tsp black pepper
2 lbs New York Strip Steaks (About 3-4 Steaks)
Salt


Instructions

Whisk together all of the marinade ingredients (except the salt).  Place the marinade in a zipper bag with the steaks and massage to coat.  Place the steaks in the refrigerator for at least 8 hours or overnight. Turning the steak once to make sure they evenly marinate in the mixture.

About 30 minutes before cooking, remove the steaks from the refrigerator to bring them closer to room temperature. Pat excess wetness from steak and season with salt. 

Preheat an outdoor grill to medium heat and cook to desired temperature.

An InLinkz Link-up

Labels: , , ,