Rosemary Ranch Grilled Chicken

When I first saw this recipe from Plain Chicken  I was skeptical of how it would turn out. I had not used ranch dressing as a marinate before, but thought "what the heck".  The chicken received awesome reviews and I decided not to pass this recipe up.  I am pretty picky about chicken, but am always looking for new ways to enjoy it. 

When the chicken was done Ron, Kellen and I at sat down at the table and table to dig in. At the first bite both Ron and I were repeating how delicious the chicken was. The chicken was not only flavorful, but really juicy.  Sometimes chicken can get very dry on the grill, but this chicken was fantastic.  I was surprised how many of the flavors I could pick out and how well it worked with a gentle char from the grill.  I can't wait to make this chicken again! It is the perfect summer dish with a side of freshly grilled veggies, corn on the cob and fruit. 

Tonight, Ron's cousin and aunt are coming for dinner. We are grilling brats, corn on the cob and veggies....I am also making a batch of 3 cheddar mac and cheese and finishing with a fresh cherry crisp.  Tomorrow is our anniversary and we have having a nice dinner before our volleyball game to celebrate. 

Have a fantastic day everyone!



Ingredients

1/2 cup olive oil
1/2 cup ranch dressing
3 Tbl Worcestershire sauce
 3 Tbl fresh rosemary
2 tsp salt
1 tsp fresh lemon juice
1 tsp apple cider vinegar
1/4 tsp ground black pepper, or to taste
1 tsp white sugar
4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts


Instructions

In a medium bowl, whisk together the olive oil, ranch dressing, Worcestershire sauce, rosemary, salt, lemon juice, white vinegar, pepper, and sugar. Place chicken in the gallon size ziplock bag, add marinade, seal and gently toss to coat. Refrigerate for at least 8 hours.

 Preheat the grill for medium-high heat. Grill chicken for 5-6 minutes per side, or until the chicken is no longer pink in the center. Remove from grill, rest for 2-3 minutes and serve. 

Labels: ,