2014 Reader Favorites

One of my favorite parts of blogging is looking at my readers favorite recipes for the year. This year I decided to look at the favorite of each month. My other favorite part of this round-up is the evolution of my picture taking in 2014. One of my goals was to put more effort into my photos. I got a new camera and purchased some lighting for winter months, and I love the result of my changes. I also noticed that my views have significantly gone up as the pictures have gotten better.  It makes me so happy that you visit this space, and I can share my food and photos with you. 

I hope you enjoy this round-up (well I know you will since you picked them!), and the timing is perfect because I am doing a bit of meal planning and think it is time to revisit old favorites. 

Tomorrow I will have my final post in 2014 full of my favorite recipes, a recap of our year and a few things we are looking forward to in 2015.

January

Million Dollar Spaghetti Casserole

I love this casserole. I haven't made it in awhile, but the flavors are fantastic and it can feed an army. 



February

Green Onion Drop Biscuits

I made these for Secret Recipe Club and they were delicious. It was my first time making biscuits, but not my last!



March

Eggs Benedict Risotto

I love this recipe and was very proud of the result I got when I combined two of my favorite things- risotto and Eggs Benedict. 



April

Spinach, Tomato, Basil and Ricotta Stuffed Chicken

This recipe was another Secret Recipe Club submission and was fantastic. The flavors were so fresh and I loved the fresh herbs with the creamy cheese and sweet tomatoes. 



May

Roasted Potatoes with Lemon, Oregano and Feta

This was inspired by one of my favorite "junk food" splurges. My favorite place to get gyros has a french fry option topped with feta, lemon, salt, pepper and oregano. Amazing. 



June

Grilled BBQ Chicken With Brown Sugar Onions

This recipe came from a fellow blogger who posts wonderful sandwiches. This sandwich is so packed with flavor and perfect for summer. 



July

Caprese Macaroni and Cheese

Mac and Cheese is one of our favorites and making it caprese style was delicious- especially with fresh garden tomatoes and basil. 



August

Peach Liqueur

When fresh juicy peaches hit the stands at the farmer's market we can't get enough. This is a fantastic way to use some of your lot and make a few killer cocktails for your friends around the bonfire. 



September

Ultimate Bacon Burger

I feel like this needs little explanation. My husband was the inspiration for this burger and any bacon lover will adore this.  Bacon in the burger, bacon aoli and crisp bacon on top....what could be better?


































October

Titletown Tailgate Chili

I wasn't surprised that this recipe took the prize in October on this list because it has won a few chili cook-off since. It is my favorite go-to recipe for chili. We are making this on New Year's Day and I can't wait to dig into a big bowl. 



November

Crispy Parmesan Chicken with Lemon Hollandaise

This chicken is so pretty and so easy to make. I made this for the Crazy Ingredient Challenge (citrus and breadcrumb theme) and it was absolutely amazing- the picture doesn't lie. 



December

Cranberry Cupcakes with White Chocolate Buttercream

These are so pretty. I made them for a Cupcake Day round-up and loved how they photographed, but loved how they tasted even more! 

Labels: ,