Prosciutto-Wrapped Chicken with Sage Butter

Time for December Secret Recipe Club reveal Day (and a double post day!)


This month I received the wonderful blog A Spoonful of Thyme. I love her philosophy on eating meals as a family and creating time together. She is also a working mom, like myself, and shares the goal of having meals together as a family. I know as our family gets busier that this becomes harder, but I think creating the habit creates the want as the years go on...or at least they did with me when I was younger. There were so many wonderful recipes to choose from and I almost went with Poulet at Vinaigre, but was sold when I came across her recipe for Prosciutto Wrapped Chicken with Sage Butter. In all honesty, it was the butter that sealed the deal. It has fresh sage and mixed olives and the combination sounded to delicious to pass up. I am a big olive lover and I really like the flavor briny olives lend to chicken. I also liked that this was a really quick recipe and could be on my table at a reasonable time after work. Kellen loved this meal and exclaimed it to me "very yummy".  The prosciutto was wonderfully crispy, the butter made the chicken so moist and the olives gave a perfect amount of salt. 

Tonight we are watching the Packer game with my parents and are hoping they keep putting W on the board to get a first round bye in the play-offs. I was originally going to make a pork shoulder, but time got away from me and it might be a perfect night for Indian take-out....I hear Chicken Tikka Masala calling my name!

I will have my meal plan for the week up tomorrow and give you a re-cap of our fun/busy weekend! 


Ingredients

4 Tbsp unsalted butter, softened
1/4 cup pitted mixed olives, finley chopped
2 Tbsp minced fresh sage
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
Salt and Pepper
8 thin slices prosciutto 
2 Tbsp olive oil


Instructions

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Combine butter, olives and sage in small bowl and stir until combined. 

Pat chicken dry  and lightly season with salt and pepper. Spread butter on top of each chicken breast.  Working with one breast at a time, lay two slices of prosciutto on your work surface, slightly overlapped.  Lay chicken, buttered side down, in center of slices and fold prosciutto around the chicken, pressing ends of together gently to seal. Repeat with remaining prosciutto and chicken.

Heat oil in large rimmed skillet over medium-high heat until almost smoking.  Add chicken, seam side down, and cook until well browned, about 2 minutes per side.  Transfer chicken to a foil lined baking sheet and bake until chicken registers 160 degrees, about 8-10 minutes. 

An InLinkz Link-up

Labels: , , ,