Homemade French Onion Dip

Thursday! Which means it is almost Friday and that makes me happy! 

Last night we celebrated Ron’s birthday and had a lovely dinner. We feasted on crab cakes, goat cheese curds (so amazing), steak and flour less chocolate cake (wine too, of course).  We are lucky to have both sets of parents close, and Ron’s parents came up to hang with Kellen while we went out.  Kellen loved having them over and woke up the next day asking (crying) where they were.  Lucky for Kellen we are going to see them on Saturday after go pick up our new car (eek!). 

I few days ago I posted a recipe for DIY onion soup mix and couldn't wait to dig in with a homemade dip. Onion dip is one of those things I always remember my parents having at the house as a kid.  To date, it is still one of my very favorite junky snacks. I loved how my homemade mix tasted in dip form and it was perfect with salty crispy potato chips.  Ron, Kellen and I all loved this dip and it was quickly gobbled up! 

Tonight, I am playing volleyball with a few of my co-workers before heading home for dinner with Kellen and Ron. I love to play volleyball and my schedule hasn't allowed for as much regular play so a pick-up game is always a fun opportunity!  However, I am counting down the hours till we pick up our new car! We decided on a Chevy Traverse and I am thrilled to get an upgrade. I have been driving my Saturn Ion since 2008, before that it was an older Saturn and before that it was a Honda Civic…. I don’t think I will know what to do with all this space! 


Ingredients

16 oz sour cream
1 recipe of DIY Onion Soup Mix or 1 packet store bought
1/2 Tbl chopped parsley, for garnish
Potato Chips 


Instructions

Mix sour cream and onion soup till smooth. Place covered in the fridge for at least an hour. Remove from fridge and sprinkle with parsley. Serve with potato chips. 

Labels: ,