Weekly Meal Plan 3/23 - 3/29

Good morning! I am a little behind this week and didn't get my weekly post finished up until this morning. 

We had a fun filled weekend and it was a little sad when Monday rolled around this week. On Friday, Ron, Kellen and I headed out for fish and broasted chicken at home of my favorite places- Van Able's.   Van Able's a supper club that I have been going to since I was a kid with my grandmother. It is fun to keep the tradition alive and continue to come back as adult. My sister and I absolutely love it there and our favorite dish is the green beans. We love it so much that, years ago, my grandmother recreated the recipe and we make it often for family gatherings. 

On Saturday, Ron had a cribbage tournament while Kellen and I bummed around the house. After Kellen's nap we headed to the park with my mom and then enjoyed a new slow cooker recipe. After Kellen went to bed I loaded up the car with raffles prizes for the Belly to Baby Expo and headed over to help with set up. After set up we stopped for a cocktail before heading home to hit the hay. 

On Sunday, Kelln and I worked on a little chalk art  before I had to head to the expo. 


The expo was fantastic and there were over 300 people in attendance. The number grows so much each year, and it is so awesome to hear how much people love it. My friend Emily works so hard to make it a wonderful event. I am already starting to plot out my strategies for raffle and donations for fall!  Here is a quick pick shortly after the doors were opened:

After the expo we tore everything down and headed home. My parents and sister came over for chili and the Badger game. I love making a big pot of chili for everyone to enjoy. It makes dinner so easy and everyone loves it. Shortly after I went to bed on Sunday night I got a call from my good friend Kayla to come over because they were headed to the hospital to have their baby. Very early in the morning she had a healthy little girl. It must have been all the time on her feet at the  expo handing out goodie bags! 

I hope everyone had a great weekend- here is what is on tap:

Monday:  Meatloaf, Mashed Potatoes and Peas
Tuesday: Out or Leftovers
Wednesday: Grilled Maple Mustard Chicken , Boursin Scalloped Potatoes and Roasted Green Beans
Thursday:  Weeknight Porchetta, Roasted Potatoes and Roasted Broccoli
Friday: Pizza
Saturday: Cumin Lime Marinated Grilled Chicken Tenders with Spicy Risotto Style Couscous and Avocado Crema
Sunday: Soup Swap with my Girlfriends (I am bringing Thai Curry Chicken and Butternut Squash Soup)

Labels: