Asparagus and Gruyere Tart

I look forward to asparagus season pretty much the entire year. My parents frequently bought fresh asparagus while I was growing up, and I absolutely love it. My in-laws grown their own asparagus and we are so spoiled to have them share it with us! I also like to grab a few bunches when I am in Door County from a local farmer because their asparagus is really thin and perfect for a tart like this one. 

I made this tart for my family when they joined us for dinner and it was fantastic. I love gruyere cheese and adding flaky pastry and fresh asparagus is a gigantic bonus!  This appetizer is so easy and can be easily doubled if you have more guests (or if you just want more for yourself!). I find that the cook time seems to be a little unpredictable and I like to start checking the bottom of the pastry around the 20 minute mark till it becomes golden brown and flaky. 

Tonight, I am headed to the gym and then home to do a bit of house work. I am also finishing up a few recipe for a blogging event and giveaway starting next week! Stay tuned! 


Ingreidents

1 puff pastry sheet
3/4 cup grated Gruyere
1 tsp Dijon mustard
1/4 tsp olive oil
20-30 asparagus spears (this will depend on thickness)
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp black pepper
Drizzle Olive Oil


Instructions

Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside. 

Allow the puff pastry to thaw for about 30 minutes or until it can be easily unfolded. Unfold the puff pastry and place it on the baking sheet. Mix the mustard and 1/4 olive oil. Brush the pastry with the mustard mixture. Evenly spread cheese over the pastry and arrange asparagus evenly over the top. Season with salt and pepper. Drizzle with olive oil.

Bake 20-25 minutes or until dough it light and flaky, and bottom of dough it golden brown. Remove and cut into 8 wedges. 

Labels: , , ,