Classic Lime Margaritas

Who is ready for a cocktail? I know that I am and Friday never seems to come fast enough! 

In my last post I shared an amazing recipe for margarita mix and now I want to share a great margarita recipe- perfect after a long day! 

Before Kellen was born I worked at a bar that made great margaritas and kept them on tap. One of the ingredients was fresh orange juice and I always thought it made all the different in the world. Many recipes will add an orange liqueur; However, I prefer a fresh orange juice because I think the flavors are better, but you certainly could use a little booze in place. Another fun variation to the orange juice is subbing in grapefruit juice or blood orange  for a fun twist! 

My sister in-law, brother in-law and kids are coming for dinner tonight and I have my fingers crossed for dry weather so we can enjoy a few of these babies while we grill. Ron and I are also planning on putting our garden in this weekend while Kellen is at his grandparents house for an overnight. Ron just finished planting another pear tree my sister bought me for mother's day (she is awesome and knows me so well!) and have the gardening bug! We have big romantic plans to plant the garden, drink margaritas, watch Taken 3 and order a pizza or Thai.....We are kind of boring these days, but I am pretty pumped. If we are feeling crazy we might go sing a little karaoke.  Like I said- wild child style. Ha. 

Check in next week because I was sent a new cocktail recipe book and have a few delicious treats to share with you next week! 

Have a great weekend everyone! 


Ingredients 
(for 1 drink)

1 1/2 oz silver tequila
1 oz freshly squeeze orange juice
1 1/2 oz margarita mix
Ice
Lime Wedges


Instructions

Fill an 8 oz glass 1/2 - 2/3 full with ice. Add tequila and pour in the orange juice. Top with margarita mix and stir. Garnish with a lime wedge. 

Labels: , ,