Grilled Hawaiian Pork Tenderloin

TGIF! I am always super pumped for the weekend because it means it is time to play and look forward to the grapefruit margarita I will be supping during cocktail hour tonight.  

I am a lover of pork tenderloin (which I sure is a complete surprise to everyone....just kidding). I love creating different marinates and sauces to make with the pork and trying different cooking methods. I made this meal for my friend Emily when she came with her daughter for an SVU night, and it was a big hit. Both the kids like pork tenderloin and that is also a big selling point for me! I opted to use Hawaiian style flavors in my tenderloin marinade and gave it a good char on my grill to bring out the sweet and salty flavors. I love pan roasting pork tenderloin, but it is a great meat to grill as well. However, in marinades with sugar, like this one, you need to keep a careful eye and refrain from using high heat so it does not burn. Mine almost got a little crispy, but we pulled it off in time. I love that this recipe is quick and easy, but still can impress your guests with the tasty flavors from the marinade. 

Tonight I am thinking about pizza and a campfire, but there was a bit of rain in the forecast.  This weekend I am also prepping to host my family for a cookout (finger crossed for nice weather) and then get ready for a chicken dinner with my in-laws. In the evening, I am sneaking out for a few margaritas with my girlfriends. As a mom, there is no better way to spend mother's day than with the people you love and who love you. 

Have a beautiful weekend my friends!


Ingredients

2 pork tenderloin
1/2 cup soy sauce
2-3 clothes of garlic minced
6 oz pineapple juice (small can)
1/4 cup olive oil
2 heaping Tbl Dijon mustard
2 heaping Tbl brown sugar


Instructions

Place tenderloins is a large resealable bag. Whisk together remaining ingredients and pour over the pork. Push the air from the bag and seal.  Marinate for at least 4 hours, but 8 is preferable. 

Remove pork from Bag and discard excess marinade. Heat grill to medium-low heat. Think of the tenderloin as having 4 sides. Cook the pork 4-5 minutes per "side".  Remove from grill and allow the meat to rest for 5 minutes.  Slice and serve.

Labels: , ,