Raspberry Habenero, Bacon and Blue Cheese Stuffed Pork Tenderloin

Today, I am bringing you another recipe from PRiMO Specialty Foods featuring one of their signature preserves- raspberry habenero. In my previous post, I talked a bit about PRiMO's spicy sweet preserves and olive tapenades for cooks, entertainers and food lovers and how amazing they are!  The preserves I received are fantastic and I would love to try the other flavors such as, blueberry jalapeno, blackberry serrano and spiced cherry.  

My previous recipe was a tall Triple Stacked Spicy Club with Bacon, Avocado and Raspberry Habenero Aoli and it was out of this world tasty! For my second recipe, I wanted to try something a bit more savory and hearty. It is no secret that my family loves pork tenderloin, and I thought the preserves would be a perfect partner with a blue cheese and fresh chive stuffing. I decided that the final flavor to my stuffed tenderloin was bacon. Like I have said before, I love raspberry with bacon, but blue cheese might take the cake for me when joined with bacon! The slightly sharp flavor from the chives is perfect to cut the salt from the bacon and cheese while complimenting the sweetness from the preserves. Stuffing a pork tenderloin can seem intimidating but, trust me, it is so easy! My go-to method is a cut lengthwise down the center of the tenderloin to within 1/2- 1 inch on the bottom. Next, I open the tenderloin like a book; cover with plastic wrap and flatten to 1/2 - 3/4 inch thickness. Add the ingredients and roll it up- easy as pie. 

The pork was so tender and flavorful from the fats from the cheese and sugar in the preserves! The bacon added a delicious crust and a little extra saltiness to the pork. My entire family, especially my two year old, gobbled this tenderloin up. My husband told me that he got a few comments on the delicious smells in the lunch room the following day at work. 

I want to give a big thank you to PRiMO for sharing your delicious product with me, my family and my readers! I love getting to try different products (especially products that I love!) and getting creative with dinner! Head over to PRiMO's website and check out they amazing product line. 


Ingredients

4 oz cream cheese, softened
3 Tbl PRiMO Signature Raspberry Habenero Preserves
1 1/2 Tbl fresh chopped chives
1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
1 -1 1/2 lb pork tenderloin
Salt and Pepper
4 slices of bacon 
Kitchen twine 


Instructions

Preheat oven to 425 degrees. 

In a medium bowl, mix the cream cheese, preserves, chives and blue cheese together. Set aside. 

Pat the pork tenderloin dry. cut lengthwise down the center of the tenderloin to within 1/2- 1 inch on the bottom. Next, open the tenderloin like a book; cover with plastic wrap and flatten to 1/2 - 3/4 inch thickness.  Sprinkle tenderloin with salt and pepper (approximately 1/2 tsp each). 

Spread cheese mixture evenly over the pork tenderloin. Roll the pork tenderloin starting on one of the long sides. Secure with kitchen twine in three location, two towards opposite ends and one in the middle. Wrap the tenderloin in bacon and place in an oven safe skillet or baking dish. 

Roast the pork 25-30 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 155-160 degrees. Remove from oven and allow pork to rest for 5 minutes. Remove the twine with a scissors, slice and serve immediately.  

Labels: , ,