Weekly Meal Plan 5/18 - 5/24

Sunday is here already?! I feel liked I was just writing my meal plan last week and Poof! another week has gone by. 

After a chilly week, this weekend was delightfully warm and perfect for garden planting!

On Friday night, my sister in-law, brother in-law and their kids came for dinner and to celebrate my sister in-law's birthday a few days early. They are from Appleton, but were in town because she is running the half marathon on Sunday. We feasted on grilled brats, a few different deli salads, grape salad and a birthday cookie cake for dessert (plus a few grapefruit margaritas). The kids were so cute and had a blast running around the backyard and playing with Kellen's playset.  After they left, Ron and I relaxed with a t.v. show and put Kellen to bed. 

On Saturday, Kellen and I headed to Appleton for Ron's cousin/goddaughter's wedding shower (Kellen was having an overnight with Ron's parents). It was lovely and it was fun to see everyone. The bride-to-be was glowing and beautiful (as usual!) and I even got to snag an extra cupcake to bring to Kellen.  I headed home shortly after and Kellen stayed for a sleepover with his grandparents and cousin. Since it was still early, Ron and I headed to the greenhouse to pick up our plants and got the garden and pots completed! Ron even had time to build a great cage to keep the critters out.




In the evening, we cleaned up, ordered subs, finally watched Taken 3 and headed to bed early.  So relaxing!

On Sunday, I headed to the gym and to the grocery store before we headed out to get Kellen. The remainder of the afternoon was odd jobs around the house, rain storm and ribs on the grill once the sun came back out. 

This week we are getting ready to head to Door County! I am really excited because it finally feels like summer when it starts to get warm and we head up to the cottage. Kellen has been begging to go to the cottage for weeks now, and I am really excited. 

Have a great week! 

Here is what is on tap:

Monday: Pretzel Crusted Chicken with Honey Mustard Ale Sauce, Garlic Mashed Potatoes and Roasted Green Beans
Tuesday: Spicy Pork with Asparagus and Chili and Rice
Wednesday: Steak Enchiladas with Jalapeno Cream Sauce, Rice and Black Beans
Thursday: Cajun Ceasar Grilled Chicken, Creamy Parmesan Noodles and Salad
Friday: Out/Leftovers
Saturday: Door County
Sunday: Door County

Labels: