Weekly Meal Plan 5/25 - 5/31

Happy *late* Monday!

Today was a good opportunity to reflect on the members of our military who gave their lives. Just over a year ago, Ron and I had the privilege to pay our respects at the American Cemetery in Normandy, France. With certainty I can say it is one of the most moving places that I have had the opportunity to visit. It is a very large place seated on top of a hill overlooking Omaha Beach. It is the final home to young men and women, and a place that comes to my mind frequently during days we recognize our fallen, our veterans and those currently serving. My family and I thank you for your service and ultimate sacrifice. 


This weekend we headed up to Door County to spend time at our cottage. The end of May always feels like the start of the summer and Door County quickly come to life. We spent most of our at The Farm and relaxing by the lake. Here are a few photos from Saturday, Sunday and Monday:


Checking out the grounds.


Meeting a new friend.


Riding the tractor (the favorite). 


Feeding a new friend.


A baby pony!


The goats were so little and cute!


Puzzle time (his Dad got into a puzzle till 3 am the same night)!


Rhubarb Honey Sangria at Parador in Egg Harbor (I must replicate this)!


Our view from the top of the stairs..... It never gets old! 

This week I am getting to the gym and getting stuff done around the house. I am also playing volleyball and we have friends coming for dinner with their little girl on Thursday. On Friday, my co-workers are having a fish fry and I am hoping to get outside with Kellen most of the weekend! 

I hope that everyone had a lovely and relaxing weekend!

Here is what is on tap: 

Monday: Stuffed Pork Tenderloin, Cous Cous and Salad
Tuesday: Voodoo Chef Roasted Garlic Stuffed Grilled Pork Chops, Wild Rice and Asparagus
Wednesday: Guava Girl Grilled Bacon Wrapped Chicken, Red Smashed Potatoes and Asparagus
Thursday: Grilled Chicken Caprese, Pesto Risotto and Grilled Asparagus
Friday: Out for Fish
Saturday: Slow Cooker Roasted Tomato Caprese Chicken Sandwiches, Wedges and Salad
Sunday:  Brats, Beans and Grilled Veggies

Labels: