Rhubarb Honey White Sangria

I promised a delicious sangria recipe yesterday and I am here to deliver! 

Like I said yesterday, this recipe is based off a drink I had a few weeks ago and needed to create at home. I love sangria and white sangria is one of my favorite drinks. However, one of my annoyances with white sangria is that it needs to be the "sweeter" option at my restaurants. Many time is is loaded with juice and imitation peach or raspberry flavors- no thank you. I really like my sangria on the dry side and loved the tartness provided by the rhubarb. The honey is a great addition because it gives a slight sweetness, but doesn't remind me of fruit juice.  I like to use pinot grigio in my sangria, but if you like sweeter a moscato or pinot gris would be delicious as well. 

This drink was amazing and I loved enjoying it on my patio cocktail hour on a Saturday evening. The flavors are refreshing and the combination gives a unique twist with the addition of the rhubarb. I can't wait to make another batch of this sangria with my last bunch of rhubarb from our garden. 

This weekend we do not have a lot planned, and that is a happy variation to the busy weekends on the horizon. Tonight, my friend Emily is going to stop over for dinner and to let the kids play. On Saturday, we are making a trip to the Farmer's Market and then Kellen and I are going on a pool play date. On Sunday, I am having bloody mary's with my friend Tracy before she leaves for L.A. in a few weeks! On Sunday evening my parents will be back in town and we are hoping to get to Jurassic World! I have been counting down the days since last year and could not be more excited to see the movie. My sister is also a Jurassic Park lover and we have been talking about it like crazy! 

Have a fantastic weekend! 


Ingredients

1 bottle white wine (I prefer dry, but sweet will work too)
1 can plain sparkling water
1/4 cup vodka
1/4 cup triple sec
2/3 cup rhubarb honey syrup
Diced Rhubarb, garnish
Sliced Lemons, garnish


Instructions

In a pitcher, combine wine, sparkling water, vodka, triple sec and syrup. Stir well and chill. Fill glasses with ice and pour sangria over ice and garnish with diced rhubarb and sliced lemons. 

Recipes yields just over 1 liter.

Labels: , ,