Peach Margarita

It's Tuesday and I am ready for a cocktail..... I wonder what that means.... 

Loads of peaches from Georgia and Michigan have come to my area and they are so delicious. I love peaches and I love that the flavors work in so many different recipes. I love peaches with cheese or bacon, and I love them in a dessert. One way I had not used my peaches was in a drink.... a margarita to be exact. 

There is no secret about my summer obsession with homemade margaritas. My normal method is booze, fresh grapefruit or fresh orange juice and homemade mix. Recently, I have made margaritas using freshly picked strawberries and it was amazing. I decided that I wanted to make a version using my fresh peaches. I used the same method I usually do, but omitted the citrus juice and added a little homemade peach puree.  The peach puree is really simple, but it is important to make sure your peaches are nice and ripe.  I remove the pit and blend the rest. I do not bother with peeling the peaches because everything is ground up so fine and strained. 

The verdict? Soooooo delicious! It was like a glass of summer and the peach flavors were  nice and strong, but worked perfectly with the rest of the drink. This drink is also very easy to make in bulk if you have summer guests at your house for a cookout. 

Tonight, we are relaxing at home and hopefully picking a few things from the garden. I am hoping to get to the gym later, but we will see how the night goes. I am putting together a new recipe tonight using a few of my favorite things: blts fixings, a skillet and pasta! Have a great night! 


Ingredients 
(for 1 drink)

1 1/2 oz silver tequila
2 1/2 Tbl fresh peach puree
2 oz margarita mix
Ice
Lime Wedges or Peaches, for garnish


Instructions

Peach puree:
Pit 6 peaches and place in food processor. Puree till smooth. Strain and discard solids. 6 peaches will make 12 oz of puree. 

Fill and 8 oz glass 1/2 - 2/3 full with ice. Add tequila and peach puree.  Top with margarita mix. Stir and garnish with a lime wedge or a Peach wedge. 

Labels: , ,