Pesto Feta Scrambled Eggs

Time for July's Crazy Ingredient Challenge!


The theme for this month is pesto and coconut. What???? Don't worry I said the same thing and wondered how I could make this combo work. Well my friends I made it work, and it is delicious. My initial thought process was dried coconut and I racked my brain, but then I remembered coconut oil. Coconut oil is very popular right now and I use it a lot in my house, but normal it is not my "go-to" for cooking. I use it for oil-pulling (I know this sounds odd, but I swear by it), diaper cream and part of my face wash! I actually do like to cook with it, but Ron is not a fan of the flavor so I use it in other ways. 

Anyways, I decided that I was in the mood for eggs and had fortunately just whipped up a fresh batch of pesto. I also added a bit of feta cheese because, as you know, I am a big fan of this combo. How did it turn out you are wondering? I really liked the flavor combination. If I had not known I used coconut oil I would not have guess it was in there. The coconut flavor was very light and almost a little nutty and that was yummy with the pesto. I am still not sold on dried coconut with pesto, but using the oil for my eggs was delicious. 

Tonight, my friend Emily daughter is coming for a play-date and I am going to bring out the kiddy pool so we can beat the heat (as long as it doesn't storm!).  This week is much calmer than last week and I am honestly looking forward to a few nights at home without the needs to run around! 

 If you are interested in joining our challenge, stop over to Dawn of Spatulas on Parade to say hello and to get more information.  I am excited to see what everyone else made, and what next month will bring! 


Ingredients

1 tsp coconut oil
2 eggs
1 Tbl milk
1 Tbl pesto
1 Tbl crumbled feta (+ additional for topping)
1/4 tsp black pepper


Instructions

In a small mixing bowl, whisk together eggs and milk. 

Heat coconut oil in a medium skillet over medium low heat and add eggs. Gently stir in feta and pesto. As the sides begin to set pull in the firm sides until eggs are set and cooked but not browned. 

Plate and sprinkle with extra feta cheese and black pepper.

An InLinkz Link-up

Labels: , , ,