Roasted Strawberry Balsamic Vinaigrette

Time for July Secret Recipe Club Reveal Day!


This month I received the blog, Morsels of Life.  The blog is lovely and there were tons of amazing recipes to pick from. I almost made the Peach, Onion and Bacon Salad because I have a beautiful crate of Georgia peaches that need to be used, but my mind was changed when I saw the ruby red final strawberries of the season at the farmer's market.  I searched for strawberry recipes and was torn between the Balsamic Strawberry Galette and the Roasted Strawberry Balsamic Vinaigrette. Ultimately, the appeal of roasted strawberries over a fresh green salad from my garden sounded too delicious to pass up. Don't get me wrong I love making galettes and have bookmarked the recipe to try with the remainder of my strawberries. 

This dressing is the bomb you guys- so flavorful and so fresh. I did not add the five spice to my dressing because I did not have any and it was very good without, but I am sure wonderful in the dressing as well.  I served my dressing over a fresh romaine salad with sliced red onions and sliced fresh strawberries. It was amazing. I think a sprinkle of feta over the salad would be a great touch or it could be a delicious marinade for the grill as well. 

I am sad that strawberry season is coming to a close. It is so useless to eat strawberries out of season because the flavor is not sweet and they are always disappointing.  I love to soak up as many as I can when the season is good. I have to say that this is one of my new favorite recipes along with my fresh strawberry margaritas

Thank you for a delicious recipe and check out the recipes from my fellow bloggers below! 


Ingredients

1/2 pint fresh strawberries, topped and halved
2 1/2 Tbl olive oil
3 Tbl balsamic vinegar
1 1/2 tsp dijon mustard


Instructions

Pre-heat oven to 450 degrees. 

Place strawberries in a baking dish and roast for 15 minutes.

Remove strawberries from oven and place in food processor. Add oil, vinegar and dijon. Pulse till smooth. Cool in fridge for at least 30 minutes. Serve with your favorite salad or use a meat marinade. 


An InLinkz Link-up

Labels: , , , , ,