Sour Cream Noodle Bake

How are we so close to the end of September? It seems crazy to me because I feel like yesterday I was floating in a tube on Lake Michigan! Time flies when you are having fun I guess! 

This is a special week because both my nephews have a birthday this week! One had his party on Monday and turned 6 on Tuesday and the other turns 7 today and we are celebrating tonight! They are both such sweet boy and so good to their cousin Kellen.  Kellen is excited because he gets to eat cake twice this week. Priorities. 

This week has been crazy so far! Last night I played volleyball and it was a blast as usual. I really like the girls I play with and we played particularly well last night! 

Since Fall has arrived, I decided that it was a perfect time to make and share Sour Cream Noodle Bake from Pioneer Woman. I love casseroles in the Fall and Winter (well I really like them any time) and this is a perfect meal on a breezy night as the temperatures start to get lower. This recipe is so easy to make and requires minimal pantry ingredients. The leftovers are also great for lunch the next day. I served this will garlic bread and a big green salad, and my family gobbled it up. 

Hope everyone is enjoying their week!  Anyone catch Survivor or Law and Order last night?!?! I have it recorded and can't wait to watch it tonight and SVU on Friday! 


Ingredients

1 1/2 lb lean ground beef
1 can (15 oz) tomato sauce
Salt and black pepper
12 oz wide egg noodles
1/2 cup sour cream
1 1/4 cup small curd cottage cheese
1/3 cup thinly sliced green onions
1 cup grated sharp cheddar


Instructions

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Brown beef  in a large skillet. Drain grease and add tomato sauce. Season with salt and pepper. Reduce heat to low and simmer lightly while you prepare the other ingredients.

Cook egg noodles until al dente. Drain and set aside. 

In a medium bowl, combine sour cream and cottage cheese. Season with salt and pepper. Add to noodles and green onions and gently stir. 

To assemble, add half of the noodles to a lightly greased 9x13 baking dish. Top with half the meat mixture, then sprinkle on half the grated cheddar. Repeat with noodles, meat, then a final layer of cheese. Bake 20-30 minutes, or until all cheese is melted and bubbly. 

Labels: , , , ,