One Pan Ranch Pork Chops and Veggies

Easy meals are a life saver for me. Some nights I have it all together and have dinner ready by 6:15 and dishes done soon after. Some (most) nights I am a walking disaster and hardly know how we have food on the table let alone a clean dish! For me, meal planning is key and planning meals that will fit into a busy schedule. We have our share of meals that take longer to prepare or dirty lots of dishes, but I save those for the weekend. Many of my favorite weeknight meals are one pot meals and casseroles. 

I found this recipe from Damn Delicious in Pinterest and thought it sounded delicious and a fun variation on our  favorite Italian Chicken Potato and Green Bean Casserole. It hit all of my criteria for a busy weeknight- one pan and easy clean-up!

How did this rate with my family? It was great! We all really enjoyed it and Ron especially liked that it used pork because he prefers it to chicken. Kellen loved the green beans and meat, but he is not always a consistent potato fan. The leftover heated up nicely for lunch as well. I made a few adjustments to the cooking time too. I found the original suggested cook time of 20-22 minutes not to be enough for the potatoes and we like our pork a little more cooked than medium. I added an additional 15 minutes to the cook time and the meal turned out great. However, I do suggest to make your potatoes on the small side to ensure that the are tender. 

Tonight my friend Emily is coming for a double header of Law and Order: SVU! We had busy scheduled last week and get a double header this week of our favorite show. We are making on of my favorite sandwiches for dinner tonight and I am excited to dig in and veg-out for a little bit! 


Ingredients

4 boneless pork chops, 3/4 - 1 inch thick
1 lb baby red potatoes, quartered
1 lb green beans, trimmed
2 Tbl olive oil
1 ranch seasoning packet
2 cloves garlic, minced
Salt & pepper, to taste


Instructions

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Lightly coat a baking dish with nonstick spray.

Place pork chops, potatoes and green beans prepared baking pan as shown in the photo. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with Ranch Seasoning and garlic. Season with salt and pepper.

Place into oven and bake for 35-45 minutes or until pork is cooked and potatoes are tender. Finally, broil for 2-3 minutes, or until caramelized and slightly charred.

Labels: , , , ,