2015 Reader Favorites

I really liked putting together of my reader favorites for each month in 2015! Some were surprises and others were obvious favorites from the start. Last year, one of my blogging goals was to put more effort into my photos and I am really happy with what I have accomplished. The saying is that we eat with out eyes first and I think that is really true. Last year, my list was mixed with DSLR, IPhone and point and shoot photos and this year I moved to all DSLR and I can certainly see the difference. I have always been a blogger who blogs because she loves it and having lovely photos makes me love it even more. So what is a reasonable goal for 2016? I have thought about it and want to focus even more on original recipes and a few more giveaways. I have always had a large amount or originals, but I think it is important to have recipes that are tried and true to my family. Anything you would like to see on this blog in 2016? I have to remind myself that there will be a new pair of feet to pitter patter around our house and that will be a challenge all on it's own!

Tomorrow I will post my 2015 favorites, recap of my year and thing I am looking forward to in 2016!

January

Chicken Bacon Ranch Tot Casserole

This baby skyrocketed on Pinterest and I am not surprised to see it here (it is probably the most popular recipe this year). It is delicious and very kid friendly. It seems that you can't go wrong with chicken, bacon and ranch!



February

Grilled Ribeye with Garlic Blue Cheese Mustard Sauce

Oh. Drool. I made this for a group recipe challenge for Valentine's day. I am in love with the blue cheese and mustard combo. Good pick folks! 



March

Mini Churro Caramel Cheesecake

I made these cheesecakes the celebrate a fellow blogger's wedding anniversay. These were so good and so easy! Plus, the mini size allows for a little portion control....or you can just have two!



April

Weeknight Porchetta

My cousin makes porchetta occasionally and I love it. You can imagine why I was drawn to this recipe. It is a little lighter than regular porchetta, but absolutely as delicious.



May

Ham and Cheese Gnocchi Skillet

This is one of my favorite photos and was a very poplar recipe this year. They recipe is really easy, but looks very impressive. My friends who made it loved it as well. This recipe started my one-pot obsession for most of 2015.



June

Bacon Cheeseburger Gnocchi Skillet

See another one-pot! This recipe was a Ron inspiration because of his bacon cheese burger love. It was another easy recipe and I could eat it with pickles- what's not to love about that? 



July

Simple Mango Lassi

This recipe was the kick off the the Cookbook Challenge (still going on till July 2016!). I absolutely loved this and made it because it is one of my sister's favorite drinks. 



August

Red Wine Herb Marinara Sauce

This was around when I found out I was pregnant with baby boy #2! Our garden was going crazy and I made this sauce for and even more amazing vegetable lasagna. 



September

Banana Pudding Pie

This was another recipe from my Cookbook Challenge. It was outside my comfort zone and so delicious. I love banana anything and it tasted so good- the topping was the best part!



October

Potato, Green Bean and Bacon Soup

We had a warm September and soup season didn't start till October. I made this for Secret Recipe Club and adored it. It is probably one of my favorite soups ever. 



November

Pumpkin Pasilla Bread

You can thank PRiMO for this post. They are so generous to me and allowed me to host a fun giveaway for my readers. I made this bread to share of of their products with you and I can assure you the bread was out of this world tasty. 



December


Old-Fashioned Deli-Style Ham Salad

Certainly one of my 2015 favorites. This was a Secret Recipe Club post and the ham salad brought me right back to my grandma's at Christmas with my cousins. 




See you tomorrow!

Labels: