4-Ingredient Peanut Butter Kisses

If you get intimidated by holiday baking please raise your hand with me! I actually enjoy baking, but never consider it something I am good at. However, I keep working at it and over time I have felt more comfortable baking and have had fewer kitchen mishaps! My biggest crime is not adjusting my oven racks correctly and putting a little too much char on my baked goods...oops. 

I have favorite recipe for 3-Ingredient Peanut Butter Cookies that I love because it is so quick and easy. However, because the holiday season is here I decided to change it up a bit by adapting the recipe to make the ever popular peanut butter kisses. These cookies are so easy and can be done on a whim because you likely have most of the ingredients in your pantry! I really like the texture of these cookies. They are a little different than cookies made with flour and are very dense and full of peanut butter flavor. So delicious. I use milk chocolate kisses, but dark chocolate would be heavenly. 

Tonight, we are laying low and I am going to start getting Kellen's birthday gifts together (I can't believe he is going to be 3!) and menu finalized. He is have a pirate party this year and it is going to be so much fun. Kellen is excited and is looking forward to a day to play with his friends. I also need to get a start on my Christmas wrapping....ugh... my least favorite part, but at least my shopping is pretty much done! Last year, I decided wrapping was terrible and only used bags...maybe I will do that again for the adults... 


Ingredients

1 cup creamy peanut butter
1 cup sugar (plus extra for rolling)
1 egg
24 chocolate kisses


Instructions

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Place oven rack in the middle position.

Using a hand mixer or a stand mixer, mix peanut butter and sugar till fluffy. Add the egg and mix till dough is smooth. Roll the dough into 2 - 2 1/2 inch balls. Roll in the extra granulated sugar and place on a non stick cookie sheet- about an inch to an inch and a half apart. Bake in the oven for 9 1/2 minutes. While cookies bake line counter top with parchment paper or slip mats for cooling. I do not recommend using a rack because cookies are very soft when the come out of the oven. Remove from oven and transfer to counter. Allow cookies to cool for a few minutes. While cookies are soft press a kiss into the center of each cookie. I do not press it in too far because it will melt into the cookie. Enjoy with a glass of milk!

Labels: ,