Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies

Oh my Christmas Eve is tomorrow! The holidays have come so fast this year, but the weather has not seemed to catch on to the memo and it is 47 degrees today! 

If you are looking for a last minute cookie recipe that is perfect for kids, adults and Santa- check these cookies out! I went on the hunt for the best oatmeal chocolate chip recipe because it is Ron's favorite and I found this keeper from Taste of Home. This recipe is so easy and makes a lot of cookies- perfect to share at a holiday gathering....or to keep for yourself and eat them all while you watch Survivor at night..... Kellen and Ron were big fans and I know these will be making an appearance even when the holidays are over!

Today is my last day of work for the week! Tonight we are wrapping, baking cookies, making truffles and I am getting a much needed haircut!  Tomorrow, we are celebrating with my parents and my Dad and I are cooking up a feast! Kellen and my nephew are no doubt excited! On Christmas Day, we are going to Ron's parents and it is going to be so fun. Kellen is so lucky to have cousins around his age and it is so fun to watch the kids play together! 

Have a wonderful holiday my friends!


Ingredients

1 cup butter, softened
1 cup sugar
1 cup packed brown sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
2 cups old-fashioned oats
2 cups semisweet chocolate chips


Instructions

In a large bowl, cream the butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt; add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in oats and chocolate chips.
Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls 2 inches apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 11-12 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on wire racks. 

Yield: 4 dozen.

Labels: , , ,