One-Pot Chicken Feta Alfredo

Oh my goodness you guys....this pasta is so delicious! 

Obviously the one-pot meal train did not leave my house in 2015! I came across this recipe on Plain Chicken's site and knew it would be a hit in my feta loving house. Both of my boys are big fans of feta cheese and I knew they would love sprinkling extra over a mound of creamy feta alfredo covered noodles. This recipe could not be easier and is ready in a flash. I opted to use a rotisserie chicken and I would reccommend tasting before you add additional sodium because of the seasoning in the chicken and salt from the cheese I found I did not need additional seasoning in our pasta. As predicted, my boys loved this meal and Kellen gobbled up two portions. I loved this recipe so much I passed it to a few friends who I knew would love the ease and flavors. One of my girlfriends made it and added mushrooms to her pasta- sounds delicious! This made enough for 4 people and it was perfect to bring for lunches the following day. We decided that it was not as good re-heated for leftovers, but it was still delicious- just not as creamy. 

Today I am going in for my glucose test. I can't believe that I am in the 3rd trimester and at this point! I am not looking forward to drinking the icky drink for the test, but thankfully it is a quick process. With Kellen I failed the first test by a point, but passed the 3 hour. I am hoping that I pass the first time because I am likely looking at other monitoring options if I fail the one hour test. In other good news, I am finally kicking this cold (I am still a little nervous it will impact my test today)! I have had a cough over a month and think it is finally on the way out. Thank gooodness because I am so over it and so over feeling like crap. Thankfully, pregnancy wise I have been feeling great and the little man is doing really well! Tonight is much more exciting because it is Kellen's holiday concert at school. My parents and Ron's parents are coming to watch and we are grabbing pizza (at Kellen's request) after the show. This is his first show of any kind that we are going to and I am really excited. I have heard him practicing a song around the house and am wondering if it is part of his performance tonight.... 

Have a great day everyone! 


Ingredients

 1/2 a rotisserie chicken or 2 small cooked chicken breasts, chopped
4 oz diced pancetta (bacon will work fine as well)
8 oz shaped pasta (I like to use bowtie)
4 oz crumbled feta (plus extra for topping)
1 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
2 cups reduced sodium chicken broth
1 cup heavy cream
1 1/2 tsp basil
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 roma tomatoes, chopped


Instructions

In a large rimmed skillet or medium pot cook the pancetta and drain the fat. Add remaining ingredients and bring to a boil. Cover and reduce to a simmer. Cook 15-20 minutes.

Labels: , , ,