Weekly Meal Plan 1/25 - 1/31

Another weekend flew by me.... This past week I was really feeling tired and needed a nice weekend with the family.  On Friday night we hung around the house and ordered take-out.... nothing fancy. We watched a few WEst Wing episodes before hitting the hay early because we had a fun Saturday morning planned!

On Saturday, we headed to Tundra Lodge with friends and kids to play. We got there right when it opened and it was perfect for the kids to have lots of space to play! Tundra Lodge is a hotel in Green Bay with a nice attached waterpark. The park has an area for small kids, a lazy river, a few big slides and two small activity type pools. Kellen had a blast with the kids and the grown-ups had fun too!  After the waterpark, we headed to Appleton so Kellen could have an overnight with his grandparents. Ron and I headed home and had some much needed relaxation time. We headed to dinner to try an Italian place we never got around to trying. They had my favorite rootbeer on tap and we had a crazy Saturday night with a pitcher of rootbeer. 


After dinner we headed home and watched The Martian (finally).  I love sci-fi movies and we both really enjoyed it. Aliens is one of my favorite movies so a Ridley Scott movie was a no-brainer for me. 

On Sunday, I made a trip to the gym and grocery store before headed home to hang around the house and wait for Kellen to get home. My in-laws dropped Kellen off and he was so excited to show them his new big boy room! I am so happy that this transition is going well for him.  We ended the night with laundry, a little football and white chicken chili! Kellen has really enjoyed helping me in the kitchen and I love getting these pictures of him helping with dinner. I have noticed that he is even more apt to finish his dinner when he knows he helped make it. 


This week is pretty easy with the usual suspect of swim class. I am grabbing dinner with girlfriends this weekend, attending a baby shower and getting together for a playdate with one of Kellen's school friends. 

Have a great week everyone!

Monday: Spaghetti Pie and Garlic Bread
Tuesday:  Vegetable Soup  and Grilled Cheese Sandwiches
Wednesday: Mac and Cheese, Smoked Sausage and Peas
Thursday: Slow Cooker Soft Shell Chicken Tacos, Rice and Beans
Friday: Dinner with Girlfriends
Saturday: Out
Sunday: Split Pea and Kielbasa Soup 

Treats: GingerBread for Book Club http://ltaicivilwar.blogspot.com/p/gingerbread.html

Labels: