Parmesan Garlic Roasted Shrimp

Happy Hump Day! 

I don't know about you, but I am ready for the weekend and there are a few days to go! This week has felt really long probably because I was off a few days last week- isn't that always the case!

Last night, I got together with my friends Emily and Kayla to finish stuffing bags and getting raffle prizes together for the Belly to Baby Expo on Saturday. If you are in the Northeastern Wisconsin area please come and check it out! I will be there handing out bag to the first 100 in the door! 

This pregnancy I haven't made shrimp often besides getting the occasional craving and always tell myself I need to make it more often. I decided I was going to try roasting the shrimp and use traditional lemon, garlic and Parmesan flavors. I had not roasted shrimp before and kept a careful eye to make sure that it was not going to be overcooked. I used a larger shrimp, but you will want to adjust your time depending on the size of the shrimp as I noted in the recipe. My shrimp were perfectly cooked just over 8 minutes and I served ours with a tomato basil risotto (recipe coming next week). 

Tonight, I am visiting a friend who just had her sweet baby boy last week! We were due exactly a month apart and now that he is here it makes my due date feel so much closer! It is funny because there use to be so many expecting moms around me and now I am alone and next! It reminds me of the song when the cheese stands alone.  I am also trying a new recipe for rice and beans tonight, and know it will be a big hit with Kellen. He adores rice, beans and sausage, and it is nice when I have a meal my toddler actually gets excited about! 

Have a great day everyone! 


Ingredients

11/2 - 2 lb shrimp, peeled and cleaned
2 Tbl olive oil
1 Tbl lemon juice
1 tsp lemon zest
2 garlic cloves, minced
1/4 tsp salt
1 1/2 - 2 Tbl grated Parmesan cheese
Chopped Parsley, for garnish


Instructions

Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees. Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil and set aside. 

In a bowl, gently mix shrimp with oil, lemon juice, zest, and garlic. Pour onto prepares baking sheet and make sure shrimp is evenly spaced.  Sprinkle with salt followed by cheese.

Bake 7-9 minutes or until shrimp is cooked through. This will depend on the size of the shrimp you use. Remove from oven, garnish with parsley and serve immediately. 

Labels: , ,