Hello friends! Happy Friday eve....
I have been so bad about blogging these days! Life has just been busy, but I have so many yummy things to share with you!
So what is new in my world?
1) I just returned from a trip from Disney with my family! I want to devote a post to out Disney experience, but if you follow me on Instagram (@ashleylecker) you probably saw all my fun adventures with my family.
2) Rowan is 1! His birthday was a few days before Disney and I had a small family party, but am planning a little larger celebration for my boy when it gets a little warmer.
3) We are starting to look into putting our house on the market. I love our house, but we are slowly getting too big for our space.
4) I had a few recipes place 1st in Taste of Home recipe contests for my Grilled Ribeye with Blue Cheese Mustard Sauce and Baked Pumpkin Goat Cheese Alfredo with Bacon. Yay!
5) I still love Pure Barre....it is amazing.
On to the food! This is a recipe that has a few different variation floating around, but this is my favorite way to eat this type of sandwich. I love slow cooking roasts for sandwiches because the meat is so tender and the peppers give a tang and slight bite to the sandwich. I like to serve these on bolillo rolls- if you have not tried these hop to it! The roll is the perfect sandwich size and the bread is chewy and holds up to a saucy sandwich like this one. I like a little provolone cheese on top, but a pepper jack would be delicious as well.
This week I am getting ready to celebrate Easter with the family. I am doing the cooking at my parents and I am always excited to cook for them. I am planning: ham, scalloped potatoes, roasted asparagus, deviled eggs, rolls and a cheesecake! We are also going to Ron's family's house and I know his mom will prepare a delicious ham and I am bringing a cheesecake as well.
Have a great rest of the week!
3 lb beef roast (I use a chuck roast)
1 envelope Italian dressing seasoning
1 envelope au jus mix
1 jar (about 1 - 1 1/2 cups worth) sliced pepperochini peppers
1 tsp black pepper
Sandwich rolls (I like to use bolillio rolls
Sliced provolone cheese
Place beef roast in the slowcooker and season with black pepper. In a medium bowl, mix together italian packet, au jus, and peppers. Pour over beef roast.
Cook on low 8-9 hours. Shred roast and portion meat on the bolillo rolls. Top with cheese and enjoy!