Buffalo Chicken Roll-Ups

I spent the entire day thinking that today was Wednesday. I was mainly excited about it being Wednesday because Survivor is on Wednesday but, alas, it is Tuesday. On the bright side I got to play volleyball tonight and I always enjoy that (even if we lost tonight....boo).

Has anyone watch The Handmaid's Tale on Hulu? I just finished the first episode and am enjoying it. The Handmaid's Tale is one of my favorite books. I have a few books that I periodically re-read because I love them and every time I re-read them I notice something new, contemplate a different idea, or have a different take-away. The Handmaid's Tale, Animal Farm, 1984, The Hobbit, Lord of the Rings, A Time to Kill, To Kill a Mocking Bird, A Man with Out a Country, and Ovid Metamorphoses. Those are just a few in a long list of favorite, but I find myself re-reading these stories and always enjoying them. I also really like Elizabeth Moss as Offred. I wasn't sure how this character would be cast because I oddly do not have a distinct image of her in my mind. 

I wanted to share a taste bite sized appetizer with you tonight.  I am currently loving buffalo chicken after a hiatus while I was pregnant with Rowan and was not a fan of heat...thankfully that love for spice is back.  These are so easy to make and this recipe makes a lot of roll-ups. The recipe is easy to cut in half or even quarter if you are not preparing them for a large crowd. The trick to pinwheels or roll-ups is to wrap them in plastic wrap and chill them before slicing. It allows you to get clean small sliced that do not get flattened when you slice them. It also allows for you to get a thinner slice for appetizer portions.  I used ranch dressing in my roll-ups, but blue cheese dressing or a few blue cheese crumbles would be a tasty addition. 

I am off to bed and ready to call it a night- after I wash all the sand off of course!


Ingredients

2 cups finely chopped cooked chicken
2 (12 oz) container whipped cream cheese 
1/4 cup sour cream
2/3 cup ranch dressing
1/2 cup buffalo wing sauce 
1 1/4 shredded Monterey jack cheese (or pepper jack for an extra bite)
10 8-inch flour tortillas 


Instructions

In a medium mixing bowl, mix together chicken, cream cheese, sour cream, ranch, buffalo sauce, and cheese.  Spread about 1/4 -1/3 cup of the mixture (depending on how “filled” you want your roll-up) on the tortilla leaving about 2-3 inches bare on one side of the tortilla (as you roll the tortilla the spread will fill in this part).  Starting on the side with the chicken spread, roll the tortilla tightly. Wrap with plastic wrap and chill in the fridge for 2 hours (or overnight).  Remove from fridge and remove the plastic wrap. Slice into 1 ½- 2 inch slices and serve. 

Labels: , , , ,