Slow Cooker Coconut Curry Chicken and Veggies

Man oh man I have been a slacker this week.  My meal plan was really not very exciting- burgers, tacos, subs, and out for pizza.....snooze!  I planned pretty light because I started a 4 week class called Cultural Images in Media for Children and Adolescents. The first week we are studying institutional racism and focusing on historical events leading to many of the current day issues. It is a lot of work, but some of that I gather is due to the fact I haven't taken an official class in over 10 years. However, I have enjoyed the first week immensely. 

If I planned ahead properly I would have put this slow cooker meal on my menu! I love easy weeknight dinners and this fits the bill. This meal is packed with lean chicken and veggies, but has a nice rich quality and spice from the coconut milk and curry paste. I love red curry, but I think you could easily sub green or yellow curry paste depending on what you like best. 

My friend Emily owns Green Bay Douals and this week we worked together to feature easy dinner recipes on her blog. I included some of my (and your) favorites and added freezer modifications if you are prepping for a new baby! Click here to check it out!

I have a winner selected for the giveaway- Congrats to Eva Bakes! 

I am really looking forward to a long weekend. We are staying around Saturday and I will do a little Pure Barre and some much needed yard work. Sunday we are heading to Door County for the day and hoping to catch the firework show in Green Bay in the evening, but we will see what time we get home from Door County. I am looking forward to the first visit to The Farm of 2017! Monday we are planning a relaxing day and grilling in the evening. 

Have a wonderful long and relaxing weekend everyone!




Ingredients

1 1/2 lb chicken breasts
1 can coconut milk
1/4 cup chicken broth
1 (14.5 oz) can diced tomatoes, drained
2 1/2 Tbl red curry paste 
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp onion powder
1/2 tsp dried basil 
1 (16 oz) bag of frozen stir fry veggies
Salt, to taste


Instructions

In a medium bowl, mix together coconut milk, broth, tomatoes, and the spices. Place chicken into the slowcooker and pour the coconut mixture over the chicken.  Cook on low for 6 hours. Remove chicken and shred or cut it into bite sized pieces. Add frozen vegetables and cook for an additional 30 minutes. Season with salt if desired. Serve with rice. 

Labels: ,