No-Peek Beef TIps

Kellen started a basketball program at the Y. The program is for fun and to introduce the kids to the basics. Kellen is the youngest in the program for 5&6 year old kids, but he is the tallest of the group. I am not surprised that Kellen is tall for his age because I am 5'10" and Ron is over 6 foot. In the past few weeks I have run back to stores to return 8 different pairs of jeans to before finally finding a pair that fits his frame. Kellen needs the length of a size 8, but the wait size of a size 6. I finally found that Target's Cat and Jack brand size 7 slim works for Kellen. Thanks goodness because his pants could have reached high-water status pretty soon. 

Since I have a pair of boys with never ending growth spurts I love finding meals that all 3 of my boys love. This recipe is from Sarah at A Taste of Home Cooking and after her rave review it was on my meal plan. I made a small few adjustments to the recipe. I omitted the mushrooms because Ron is not a fan (I so wish he loved mushrooms!), used low sodium beef broth, and I cook mine in a dutch oven versus a casserole dish. I have not made this in a slow-cooker, but I imagine that it would be yummy. I like to serve this with mashed potatoes, but egg noodles or rice would also be delicious (I am actually making this tonight and serving with rice for the boys). I normally serve a roasted veggie on the side (green beans are the boys current favorite). 

Last night Ron and I had a date night! We grabbed dinner at a bar close to the house and I had a delicious wrap with smoked turkey, avocado, bacon, jalapeno wrapped in a cheddar jalapeno wrap- so good. We went to see a the movie The Commuter after dinner, and really enjoyed it. We like Liam Neeson and got hooked on his action movies after watching Taken when it was released. Today I am headed to Pure Barre, and then a Target run before coming home because my groceries are getting delivered. Have you used a grocery delivery service ever? Ah-maz-ing! We use Shipt, but I know there are a lot of different options out there. 

Have a great Sunday everyone! 


Ingredients

2 1/2 - 3 lb beef chuck roast or chuck eye, trimmed of fat and cubed 
12 ounces white button mushrooms, cleaned and sliced (Optional)
1 (10.5 oz) can cream of mushroom soup
1 (0.87 oz) packet brown gravy mix
1 (1.25 oz) packet Lipton dry onion soup mix
1 cup reduced-sodium beef broth


Instructions

Preheat the oven to 300 degrees. Place cubed meat  in a 9 x 13 baking dish or a medium dutch oven.

In a large bowl mix the soup, gravy mix, onion soup mix and water together. Pour over the meat and toss to combine. Cover the dish tightly with foil or cover with dutch oven lid. Bake for 3 hours. Remember, no peeking! 

Labels: ,