Italian Wedding Soup Skillet

Ron and I love Italian Wedding Soup and when I came across this recipe from Taste of Home I knew we had to give it a try. I made a few changes to the recipe as listed below. The original recipe called for chicken and meatballs, but I omitted the chicken. I also added a little more broth, and reduced the cheese and adjusted how it is added to the dish. 

Ron, the boys, and I loved how this recipe turned out. The flavors were very similar to the soup and I loved to ease of the recipe on a weeknight! Warning to all- this recipe makes a lot of food, and can easily serve several adults. However, lucky for us the leftovers are very tasty. 

This morning I am going to go sweat at a Pure Empower class at Pure Barre and continue our clutter sorting. We are getting ready to list out house (sad), and are de-cluttering..... not fun. We have looked at a few houses and they are flying off the market so fast! We originally thought we wanted the house to be move-in ready, but we have adjusted a bit and decided that we want to do some renovations and it has allowed us have more homes to choose from.  Tomorrow night we are headed to a friends house (and fellow mom to a group of boys) for tacos, playtime, and a few drinks. 

I am tried and am trying a few new thing this week. One of my good buddies let me observe macron making this week, and it was so fun. If you are a long time reader you know my love of macrons, and I was excited to watch the process. She makes it look so easy.... I got to fill them and of course taste test. Check out my Instragram @cheesecurdinparadise to see the delicious photos. I also ordered shampoo and conditioner from Function of Beauty. I have heard a few good reviews on the personalized hair products, and decided to give them a try. I will report back on my personalized picks and how I liked the products after I get a chance to use them. One of the steps is to name the product and it displays on the bottle as "function of ________". Mine says function of khaleesi.- just saying in the event it makes me channel the mother of dragons.  Finally, my baby turns 2 on Monday....how did that happen....these kids need to understand their mother can't deal with how fast they are growing up....

Have a happy Easter friends! 


Ingredients

2 cups uncooked ditalini pasta
1 tablespoons olive oil
1 medium onion, finely chopped
1 medium carrot, finely chopped
1 celery rib, finely chopped
1 package (24 ounces) frozen fully cooked Italian meatballs, thawed
1 can (10-3/4 ounces) cream of chicken soup
1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
1 1/3 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
2/3 cup shredded Asiago cheese, divided


Instructions

Cook pasta according to package directions. 

In a large skillet, saute the onion, carrot and celery in oil until tender. Add the meatballs, soup, spinach, broth, thyme, salt and pepper. Cover and cook for 5 minutes.

Add pasta and 1/3 cup cheese, and stir. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. 


Labels: , , ,