Cheesy BBQ Chicken Taquitos

This week is turning into a whirlwind. We are getting ready to close on the house so life is insane. To top it off I am taking a summer class I had thought was 6 weeks, but is 3 weeks. It feels like I wake up in the morning and the next time I look at the clock in 10 p.m. I am trying to work ahead in class so in the course of the move I don't fall behind. 

Moving on.

So, as promised I wanted to share one of my favorite ways to use my leftover Cola BBQ Chicken.  My kids love taquitos- easy to pick-up, easy to dip, easy to eat. I made these for the kiddos for a quick dinner before we ran to Kellen's soccer game. They were a big hit, and Kellen eve requested a few for his lunch the following day.  You could easily used a different type of shredded meat depending on why you are looking to re-purpose. I keep things simple with my recipe: chicken, shredded Monterey jack, and a drizzle of ranch dressing. I also added a few chopped jalapenos to my taquitos for a little spice.  I like to use corn tortillas, but I know that can be difficult to work with for some people and you certainly can used flour. My trick to rolling the tortillas is to warm them in the microwave and it allows them to roll without cracking or breaking. I served these to my boys with a plate of chopped veggies and a little extra ranch dressing on the side. 

Tonight I am meeting a friend for dinner for a much needed break from all things house and school, but tomorrow we are back to the grind! I am a little bummer we aren't going to Door County for the weekend because we always go for Memorial Day, but we are thinking of taking the kids to the firework show and doing a final grill out at home! 

Have a great weekend everyone! 

Click this link to get to the KitchenAid Mixer giveaway instructions and post- it runs until May 26th! 


Ingredients

14 round corn tortillas
2 cups Cola BBQ Chicken
3/4 cup shredded monterey jack cheese
1/4 cup ranch dressing (plus a little extra for dipping)


Instructions

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil and lightly spray with cooking spray (like PAM). 

Place corn tortillas on a microwave safe plate (they can be stacked, but make sure you have pulled them apart a bit). Microwave about 30 seconds (you may have to rewarm bottom tortillas) so they are easier to roll and work with.  Place a little chicken, cheese, and a drizzle of ranch towards one edge of the tortilla. Gently roll the tortilla around the filling tucking as you go to get a tight roll. Place seam side down on the baking sheet.  Bake 15-18 minutes or until tortillas begin to harden and filling is hot and cheese melted.  Serve with a side of ranch. 

Labels: , , , ,