Cubed Steak with Peppers and Olives (Instantpot or Slowcooker)

We are on week two of soccer and t-ball season in our house. I am sure that many of you with older kids have a routine for these busy nights, but we a rookies in children in sports! Kellen is young enough that his games are once a week for each sport, and there is not too much juggling. He wanted to try both and I figured let him try when it is lower commitment and he can pick which one he prefers next year.  Between finals week for my school, Ron's early work meetings, selling the house, buying a house, getting ready to move, and sports I need quick dinners. The kids love McDonald's of course, and we make the occasional trip on busy nights, but I like to have something at home because it is more economical and healthier. However, getting a meal in can present challenges to a busy night, but I have been working on finding easy slowcookers and instant pot recipes for easy clean-up on busy nights. 

The boys and I are big fans of olives. Ron likes them, but does get as excited as we do. I found this recipe for Cubed Steak with Peppers and Olives and needed it in my life and belly. This recipe can be made in a slowcooker or istantpot, but I made mine in my instantpot. My family loved this recipe. The flavors are nice with a nice salty flavor from the olives. If you are not 100% about the olives don't worry because it is not a strong flavor- just a nice bit of salt and brine. I served this over a bed of rice and we had green beans on the side. 

Today I am heading to a barre class and then off to school for some work.... a few more days till a short break, and then summer courses begin! However, those are online and I will enjoy the flexibility with the boys since they are home with me the majority of the summer. 

If you are a teacher in the Green Bay area and wanting to try Pure Barre they are having a teacher appricipation week special for a free week of classes!  Have a great Tuesday everyone!


Ingredients

8 pieces cubed steak (28 oz)
1  3/4 teaspoons garlic salt
1/2 tsp black pepper
1 (8 oz) can tomato sauce
1 cup water or beef broth (I used beef broth)
1 small red bell pepper, sliced 1/4-inch thin strips
1/2 medium onion, sliced into 1/4-inch thin strips
1/2 cup green pitted olives plus 2 tablespoons of brine


Instructions

Season beef with garlic salt, and black pepper.

Place the meat into the pressure cooker, top with onions and peppers, pour tomato sauce, liquid of choice (water or broth), and olives along with some of the brine (liquid from the jar)  over everything.

Cover and cook high pressure 25 minutes.

Natural release for 10 minutes and then manual release if desired (or you can do natural release completely) and serve.

Labels: , , ,