#FanrasricalFoodFight: Mediterranean Cucumber Salad

Welcome to the Fantastical Food Fight! I finally got my crap together and made a post for the challenge- yay! This month the theme is: Salad. I loved the theme because you can go so many different directions! I was debating between sharing this recipe or a recipe for curry tuna salad, and this one was my favorite. I will share the curry tuna sometime soon because it was also delicious. 

This recipe was something I came up with to bring to a cook-out at my parents house. Our menu was brats and a nice refreshing serving of veggies is always a welcome side. This recipe is so easy to put together- just a little chopping. I opted to make a red wine oregano vinaigrette with a little olive brine, but this salad would be delicious plain or even with a little balsamic or other flavored vinegar.  I like to add a little brine to mine because I love the olive flavor, but you prefer it not as strong you can certainly omit it from the dressing. The adults loved this and it was also well received by the kiddos- always a plus. 

Today, I am finishing up a workshop for school and excited to enjoy a night free from running to sports practice. It is a little over 80 degrees today, and I have big plans to relax and grill with a margarita in hand. Happy hump day friends!

Check out the bloghop below to see what other salads are part of our Fantastical Food Fight! 


Ingredients

2 large cucumbers, quartered lengthwise and chopped
3/4 cup halved cherry tomatoes
1/2 cup halved Kalmata olives
2 Tbl chopped red onion
1/2 cup  crumbled feta cheese
1/4 cup olive oil
2 Tbl red wine vinegar
1 Tbl dried oregano
1 tsp kalmata olive brine (from jar)
1/4 tsp ground black pepper


Instructions

Place cucumbers, tomatoes, olives, and onion in a large bowl that can be covered. Whisk together oil, vinegar, oregano brine, and pepper. Gently toss the veggies in the dressing, and chill for 30-60 minutes. Gently stir in the feta cheese and serve. 


An InLinkz Link-up

Labels: , ,