Churro Chex Mix (Gluten Free)

Oh. My. God. This is the best Chex mix I have ever had. I originally found this on Pinterest, but adapted the recipe from Just Another Day In Paradise. I love churros (some of my friends said it was like cinnamon toast crunch too) and immediately wanted to try out this snack. I brought this up to my girls weekend in Door County and we gobbled it up (I left a bag for Ron too for a March Madness snack).  I adjusted the cereal and sugar amounts to my tastes and I thought it turned out really well. I already decided that I am going to send this with Ron for a snack at his next cribbage tournament.... mainly so I get to eat it again!


Ingredients

10 cups gluten free rice Chex cereal (you can use regular if you as well)
3 cups cinnamon chips
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1/3 cup granulated sugar
1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon


Instructions

Pour Chex cereal into a bowl. Set aside. Combine sugars and cinnamon in another small bowl. Set aside.

In a microwavable bowl, melt the cinnamon chips. Heat for 1 minute then stir. Heat for an additional 30 seconds. Stir. Continue with additional 30 seconds until completely melted. Pour melted cinnamon chips over the cereal. Stir gently until cereal is well coated.

Sprinkle with half of the cinnamon sugar mixture. Toss to coat. Pour out the cereal onto a large ziplock. Add the rest of the cinnamon sugar mixture and shake gently to coat.

Labels: , ,