Mango Avocado Quinoa Salad

This is  a fantastic summer salad for a weeknight bbq.  I made this for my family and we gobbled it up! I love the bite from the onions and cilantro paired with the sweetness of the mango and creaminess of the avocado. This salad is super easy and is very versatile if there are other toppings you like in your salad (I think cucumber would be yummy).

This morning is a little sad....Kellen went to daycare for the first time.  I am so happy he was able to be home for the first 6 months, but today is a little glum. On the plus side the ladies in his room were so nice when we dropped him off. I loved that they asked lots of questions and really listened to our answers. However, the end of the day will not come soon enough and I can't wait to see my bambino!


Ingredients

1 cup uncooked quinoa
1 ripe mango, cubed small
1/2 small red onion, diced
1 avocado, cubed small
1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
Juice of 2 limes
1 tsp honey
1/4 tsp fresh cracked black pepper


Instructions

Cook quinoa according to package instructions. Set aside and allow to cool.

Gently toss quinoa with mango, onion, avocado and cilantro.

In a small bowl mix the lime juice, honey and pepper. Stir gently into quinoa salad. The salad can be served immediately or it can be chilled for a few hours before it is served.

Labels: , , , ,