Creamy One-Pot Stove Top Mac and Cheese

Creamy and dreamy mac and cheese is the ultimate comfort food.  My family are equal opportunity mac and cheese lovers and my boys go nuts when they know it is on the dinner menu. 

My go-to mac and cheese recipe uses a roux and takes a few pots to make. It is very easy, but who likes cleaning up all that mess? Not this girl. I have been liking making all different types of one-pot meals and thought mac and cheese would be a delicious one-pot dinner. 

I kept this recipe as simple and quick as possible for our weeknight dinner. I opted to use a sharp cheddar cheese and an ooey-gooey melty cheese like Velveeta for a perfect creamy stove top meal. 

My family gobbled up this pasta and it was a big hit for lunch the following day! I served this with grilled kielbasa sausage and fresh garden green peas. Delicious! 

Tonight, I am headed to volleyball and am grabbing dinner with Kellen, Ron, my sister and nephew before the game. Kellen is really excited to watch and tells me that he is going to play too- adorable. After the game I am heading home and my friend Emily is stopping over to ready our raffle prizes for the Belly to Baby Expo on Sunday! 

Happy hump Day everyone! 



Ingredients

3 1/2 cup milk (I use whole milk)
3 cup water
1 lb elbow pasta
4 oz Velveeta or other American cheese of choice
2 cup grated sharp cheddar
Salt and Pepper, to taste


Instructions

In a large pot, mix together milk, water and pasta. Over medium heat, bring the pot to a low simmer and cook for 15-20 minutes, stirring frequently, until pasta is tender and milk is reduces from absorbing into the pasta.

Turn heat to low and gently stir in the cheeses until melted and creamy. Season with salt and pepper to taste and serve immediately. 

Labels: , , , ,