Pizza Chicken

I few months ago I posted Ron's sister's pizza dip recipe for the Tomato Bowl, and it got me thinking. I thought about burgers at first (still on my radar), and decided I wanted to make pizza chicken. This is a bit of a play of chicken parmesan, but (in my opinion) better.  Today we are getting ready for Easter with a trip to the chocolate shop, tackling a gluten free carrot cake, and ending the night with brats on the grill. Have a great day everyone, and enjoy the chicken.
Ingredients
4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
1 small onion, sliced thin
4 oz light cream cheese
3/4 cup part-skim shredded mozzarella
2/3 cup marinara sauce (you can find my quick marinara sauce by clicking the link to the pizza dip)
2/3 cup diced tomatoes, drained
1 clove garlic, minced
20 turkey pepperoni
salt and pepper

Instructions
Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.

Season chicken with salt & pepper, and set aside. Spray a large skillet with PAM or drizzle with a little olive oil. Add onion and saute till tender. Add garlic and diced tomato.  Simmer for 5-7 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Stir in cream cheese.  Place chicken in an oven safe baking dish. Top with creamy tomato mixture. sprinkle half the cheese over the chicken. Top with marinara sauce. Top with remaining cheese ad pepperoni. Bake uncovered for 35-40 minutes. Serve with pasta.

Labels: , , ,