Grilled Honey Curry Pork Chops

I love the flavor of honey and curry together. Awhile ago I made Honey Curry Grilled Salmon and loved it. I have no idea why it has taken me so long to revisit this combo. This time around, I adjusted the recipe a bit and used pork chops (this would also be great on chicken).  When making this recipe, or any recipe using a sugar on the grill, it is important to keep your temperature down to prevent burning and allow the sugar to caramelize. I was very pleased with how the pork chops turned out- sweet and heat! We served our pork chops with baked potatoes and fresh green beans.

I have been feeling very proud of myself lately for staying active during my pregnancy. Exercise is something important to Ron and I, and I wanted to maintain a fitness level during my pregnancy. I am happy to report that since finding out I was pregnant I have missed two weight training classes.  At 6 1/2 months I am feeling pretty good about that! My goal is to keep attending class up to delivery (as long as I am feeling safe and comfortable).  I have had a decrease my weights and lower the intensity of my exercise (I was previously playing volleyball as well).  I look at exercise as a way to help my body prepare for labor by keeping it strong a flexible. I think it also helps me mentally by helping me focus and encourage breathing. The way I see it, all it can do is help!


Ingredients

4 Pork Chops, trimmed (we used medium thickness)
3 tsp honey
1 tsp curry
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
2 tsp olive oil


Instructions

In a small bowl, mix honey, curry, oil, salt and pepper. Bush pork chops on all sides with mixture. Heat grill to medium-low heat. Grill 5-6 minutes per side (you may want to grill 6-7 minutes for a thick cut pork chop).  Remove pork from the grill and serve immediately.

Labels: , ,