Crunchy Baked Beef Tacos

Another Pinterest recipe strikes our kitchen! 

This recipe has popped up a bunch of times in friends interest boards and with a few bloggers. We absolutely love tacos night at our house and I thought this was a fun spin. We eat tacos a lot on the weeknights because they are so easy to put together and work great for salads at next days lunch. 

Normally, I use my own taco seasoning with crunchy shells, but I decided to add it a cup of black bean and corn salsa for a little extra spice and flavor.  Ron and I both agreed that the filling was flavorful with the perfect amount of kick from the salsa.  I used our normal taco toppings, but you could use anything you like to suits your tastes.  I have to admit that I had issues arranging the tacos in the baking dish, but once they were all full of meat they balance much better. 

The tacos come out of the oven warm, crunchy and delicious.  The cheese is nice and melted and the toppings give a nice crunch and freshness. We had enough for leftover for lunch the next day. The leftover are not as good as fresh, but I did not mind them because we chopped up the tacos and made a taco salad.

I have been away for the past few days at a work conference and can't wait to get home to be with my two favorite boys!   


Ingredients

1 1/4 lb lean ground beef or turkey
1 cup black bean and corn salsa
2 1/2 Tbl Taco Seasoning or 1 packet
1/2 cup water
12 hard shell tacos
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1/2 cup chopped tomatoes
1 avocado, diced
1/4 cup sliced black olives
Shredded Lettuce
Sour Cream


Instructions

Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees. 

Brown beef in a large rimmed skillet until no longer pink. Add salsa, water and taco seasoning. Cover simmer for about 3-5 minutes or until liquid has been reduced. 

Add meat to the taco shells and arrange in a 9x13 baking dish. I find that 9 across and 3 on the side worked best to keep everything upright. 

Sprinkle cheese in taco taco. Place in the oven and bake for 15 minutes. 

Remove from the oven. Add lettuce, tomato, avocado, olives and sour cream to tacos. 

Serve warm and enjoy!

Labels: , , ,