Weekly Meal Plan 10/27 - 11/2

Happy Monday and Halloween week! 

I love Halloween and always look forward to this time of year. I am a lover of folklore, spooky things, legends and scary movies. I normally go on a few scary movie binges this week (much to the annoyance of my non-scary movie loving husband). This year I took the day off work and am taking Kellen to see a few friends and family members and show off his costume (and snag a few pieces of candy for his mother).  

This weekend was full of fun activities and lots of family time. On Friday, we stayed in and made a tasty soup. We also watched the second Purge movie and were not big fans. On Saturday, Kellen and I headed to do some grocery shopping and attend our store's BooFest. It is really cute and perfect to keep kids happy while shopping. The store has 8 stations that hand out small snacks for the kids like apples, string cheese, yogurt and chocolate milk (and a few cookies too).  Kellen loved it and asked me to go shopping more.....little does he know that this is not an everyday occurrence!  On Saturday night we headed to the zoo for the annual Zoo Boo. The place was packed, but it was packed, but my triceratops had a lot of fun with his cousins.



Afterwards we went to Zesty's for burgers, chili and shakes. Yum!

On Sunday, Kellen and I headed to to park for a little fun with our friends. Kellen is starting to love climbing and loves scaring his mother even more! After the park, we met my mom, aunt, friend and cousin for a small lunch to celebrate the upcoming birth of her daughter at A'Bravo.  A'Bravo is a favorite of mine. I had a delicious feta and spinach scramble with bacon and Kellen devoured french toast and fruit. We headed home and carved (and used a few power tools) a few pumpkins before nap time.


I waited to light them little Kellen was up so he could see his pumpkins glowing in the darkness.



After pumpkins my Dad came over to watch the Packer game and there is no commentary needed on that front.....

Here is what is on tap:

Monday: Loaded Potato Gnocchi Soup and Garlic Bread
Tuesday:  Oven Fried Chicken Thighs with Pan Gravy, Mashed Potatoes and Corn
Wednesday:  Rosemary Ranch Grilled Chicken, Parmesan Couscous and Green Beans
Thursday: Creamy Balsamic Herb Chicken, Wild Rice and Broccoli
Friday: Happy Halloween! Mummy Dogs and Pizza
Saturday: Pappardelle Bolognese, Salad and Quick Garlic Knots
Sunday: Out with my friend Amanda

Treats: Apple Cinnamon Struedel Dessert Pizza

Labels: