2014 Favorite Recipes (My List)

Last post for 2014. It has been a fantastic year for my family and we are blessed with a lot of good things in our life. This year I celebrated my 30th birthday, winning the Taste of Home appetizer contest, took a few trips to Milwaukee and Chicago, an international family trip to France (Gif, Normandy and Paris) with an 18 month old, lots of fun in Door County with friends and family, countless outings with family and friends, attending 2 Packer games (wins!), winning Festival Foods Tailgating Challenge, hosting our first Thanksgiving, Kellen turning 2, Ron graduating from school and getting a fantastic job.

Like everyone, we have ups and downs but this year had a lot of ups for our family.

2015 will bring new challenges and new adventures. A few things we are already looking forward to are a trip the the Dells with friends and a trip to Stanibel Island, Florida with my family. I am hoping to get down to Chicago and Milwaukee this year as well. I am also looking forward to watching my baby boy continue to grow. He is such a sweet person, and I love watching him develop and grow...this year also bring on the adventure of potty training!

Tonight we are going to our friends house with Kellen for dinner and celebrate a successful 2014.

Happy 2015 everyone!!!!

January

Baked Bratwurst Cheese and Cracker Mac and Cheese

I made this for my Improv Cooking Challenge for our cheese and crackers theme.  Ron has two favorite ways to us leftover brat- mixed in scrambled eggs or in mac and cheese. I make a few different variations of this dish, but it is one of our all time favorites. I have a similar skillet recipe for Brat and Beer Mac and Cheese that won Festival Foods Tailgating Contest in October. 


February

Chocolate Peanut Butter Cheesecake

This cheesecake is dreamy. This is by far the best cheesecake I have ever made and it reminds me of a giant creamy peanut butter cup. The recipe is wonderfully easy and worth every single calorie (especially with the rich chocolate layers!). 



March

March had a tie because I could not decide!

Bacon Pieorogie Bake

This is one of my go-to meals. It is Ron's favorite and so delicious. I love making it because it is very easy on a weeknight, and I can't wait to eat the leftover the following day. 



Corned Beef and Cabbage with Herb Buttered Potatoes

This was my first time making corned beef and my family had decided that we will be coming here instead of going out for corned beef! The meat is so tender and is perfect with the herb buttered potatoes. I love to make corned beef hash with a few poached eggs with the leftovers. 



April

Carrot Cake Cheesecake

I made this recipe for Easter and loved the cake/cheesecake swirled together! The cheesecake makes the carrot cake wonderfully moist and a perfect treat to enjoy after Easter dinner. 



May

Roasted Potatoes with Lemon, Oregano and Feta

This was also the readers choice for May and I could not disagree. As I said in the previous post, this was inspired by one of my favorite "junk food" splurges. My favorite place to get gyros has a french fry option topped with feta, lemon, salt, pepper and oregano. Amazing. 



June
Blue Cheese Topped Pork Chop

This recipe come from a fellow blogger on my cooking board and I bookmarked it right after she posted it. I love blue cheese on just about everything, and this was perfect for a weeknight and full of flavor. 



July

Grilled Shrimp with Garlic Scape Pesto

In the summer, I like to make garlic scape pesto for pasta and marinades. Garlic scapes are fantastic and only in our area for a short time. I paired them with grilled shrimp and we could not get enough of this summer meal. 



August

August has a a three way tie- too many things to pick from!

Bang Bang Chicken Skewers

These skewers are pretty popular in the blogging world and for good reason! I love the sweet 'n' spicy sauce and love mixing it with fresh summer vegetables. These skewers are one of out summer staples. 



Tart Cherry Galette

I made this galette with fresh tart cherries from Door County. My Grandmother always made tart cherry pie in the summer and this dessert brings back so many wonderful memories of her. 



Refrigerator Dill Pickles

I am a pickle lover to the max. In the summer I love having a pickle pot in my fridge with crispy salty fresh pickles ready for snacking. 



September

Pesto Rigatoni with Pan Roasted Tomatoes and Sausage

This meal was so simple, but perfect for the end of summer herbs and tomatoes. The pesto with the roasted tomatoes is delicious. What is even more delicious is watching your adorable toddler put the rigatoni on each of his fingers!



October

October is also a two for one!

Baked Pumpkin Goat Cheese Alfredo with Bacon

I made this recipe for my henna party with my girlfriends, and it was a big hit. We had a blast sipping wine, eating pasta and exploring beautiful henna designs together. 


Titletown Tailgate Chili

I had to include my chili (and probably my favorite recipe). Chili is one of my favorite foods and this chili won two cook-offs in 2014!



November

Bone Broth (Chicken)

Bone broth is a wonderful wellness food and has so many different uses. My post goes into more detail about bone broth and the benefits, but this is a cooking (and sipping staple in my house). 



December

Antipasto Stuffed Chicken

This is recipe is so good and fancies up a plain chicken breast with olives, peppers, herbs and cheese ( crispy proscuitto too!). My family loved this and I can't wait to make it again!


Labels: ,