Weekly Meal Plan 2/16 - 2/22

Good Evening!

I hope everyone had a fantastic and romantic (if that is your thing) weekend of love.... or whatever.  I promised I would share Kellen costume from superhero/valentine's party at daycare- they are so adorable! The costume come courtesy of Grandma's dress up box!

Super Kellen ready for his party!


Kellen and Mom 2 minutes after his meltdown because I clearly have no idea what I am doing and put the mask on wrong....the shame. We had to call Grandma to say good morning and find "our good humor" (as Grandma would tell us).  Luckily Kellen found his good humor and had an excellent time at his party with his friends from daycare.



Skip forward to Valentine's Day: we started the day slowly and I ran a few errands in the morning, but we met my parents from lunch later in the day. Kellen was treated to a dessert (a caramelita) and he thought it was fantastic. 



We headed home and Kellen climbed into bed to rest, and I headed out to get a pedicure with my mom and sister- perfect Valentine dates. Ron was resting when I got back and I got a head start on dinner so Kellen could dine with us before heading to bed. Our go-to Valnetine's Day dinner is grilled steak with caramelized onion blue cheese sauce, mashed potatoes and grilled asparagus. The recipe for the sauce is so easy and originally some from Pioneer Woman, but I have it posted on here a few years back....I should have updated the photo when I had the chance! I bought Kansas Strip steaks this year and they were incredible. Kellen is a steak love was was thrilled to get a few pieces (with sauce!) on his plate. He also enjoyed a little mac and cheese from the deli because it is Valentine's Day and it is one of his favorites! After Kellen went to bed Ron and I kicked back with The Closer (one of our favorite shows that is sadly not on anymore!). 



The following morning we were up early to head to Appleton to pick up our niece for a day of fun to celebrate her birthday. First stop was to see the Wildlife Sanctuary, then lunch and finally to the Green Bay Children's Museum. The museum had a special event going on called Pirates and Pixies and, as you can see, Kellen enjoyed "splashing" in the mermaid (man?) pool. 

Displaying IMG_5144.JPG

Ron and I were seated in the diner waiting to be served lunch by the kids. 


The museum is so lovely and it is set up like a little town for kids to enjoy. In has a grocery store, Packer tailgating zone, diner, building area, firehouse, vet clinic, a club house, post office and a boat.  Kellen thought the fishing was a blast! 

Displaying IMG_5168.JPG

We headed home and after for much needed naps. Later we made dinner and my sister stopped over to drop off a few Valentine's gifts for Kellen.

I am getting ready to check out for the night and get ready for a busy week (and watch Walking Dead & Shameless...who am I kidding)! I hope everyone has a great week- catch you tomorrow!

Here is what is on tap:

Monday:Orange and Rosemary Pork Tenderloin, Wild Rice and Green Beans
Tuesday: Italian Sausage Ravioli w/ Red Sauce, Salad and Garlic Bread
Wednesday: Mexican Meatballs, Rice and Beans
Thursday: Tuna Melt Casserole and Salad
Friday: Chili from the Freezer
Saturday: Birthday Party/Pizza!
Sunday: Dinner with my Girlfriends

Labels: