Weekly Meal Plan 7/6 - 7/12

Happy Monday! 

I am a little late with my posts this week after being away all weekend for the holiday. Hope everyone had a fun 4th- I know we did! 

I was lucky enough to have the Friday before the holiday off and I decided to take Kellen to Bay Beach for rides before heading to Door County for the weekend. We met our friends there and the kids enjoyed playing for a bit before the lines got too long for them (i.e. adults) to wait. 

Kellen's favorite ride is the race cars:


After Bay Beach, I headed to the store and we had a quick lunch before heading home for a nap while I packed. When Kellen woke up I was ready to go and we headed up to the cottage (poor Ron had to work!).  My parents were already there and we unpacked quickly before heading to dinner at a favorite Italian place in Sturgeon Bay. Kellen was starving when we sat and shrieked with joy when his spaghetti was placed on the table in front of him. Kellen decided the best option was to toss the silverware and use his hands- I love this kid. We headed home after to drop off my Dad before heading to Egg Harbor for the fireworks. We also met my friend/co-worker Casey and her friend Ashley to watch the show. Kellen had never been able to stay awake for fireworks in past years. He knew that there was going to be a big boom, but the poor guy almost jumped out of his skin at the first boom and asked me "are the fireworks mean?".  However, by the end of the show he was yelling out his favorite colors with each boom. 

On the 4th, I met my friend Amanda and her family at The Farm for some playtime. Kellen was in a bit of a mood, but had fun running and playing with the kids. 

Kellen loves the windmill:


Feeding our friend the cow. Kellen loves tossing corn in the cow's mouth (he even has a "Got Corn" t-shirt:


Kellen practicing milking the goat. I was surprised when my cautious guy walked up to try and be first in line:


Cuddling the kitten and bringing him back to "his bed":


We came home and grabbed lunch before Kellen went down for a late nap. In the evening, Ron made it back and we grilled brats, enjoyed margaritas and fireworks. After everyone was in bed Ron and I got to dangle our toes in the water and watched the stars and a few late fireworks down the beach. 

Sunday morning we headed back to The Farm and then back to play on the beach. Ron and I also cleared a little beach grass to make a bigger area for the fire pit. After lunch we packed up and headed home. 

This sign will forever crack me up:


When we got home we unpacked and rested. I headed out around 5:30 for my friend Emily's 30th birthday. We grabbed dinner at a local brewery with a few friends, walked by the water and played Apples to Apples at a local hookah lounge. Love that game! 

Much to my joy my victory garden prints came in the mail! I can't wait to hang them. I am such a history nerd and love stuff like this. 


This week I am headed to a movie with my dad, the zoo with work peeps, volleyball, a visitor for Ron's bike race this weekend and a big family party with Ron's parents! It is going to be a fun and busy week! 

Here is what is on tap:

Monday: Creamy Tex Mex Slow Cooker Chicken and Chipotle Cilantro Lime Rice
Tuesday:  Penne with Mini Meatballs and Creamy Pesto Feta Sauce and Salad
Wednesday: Evening at the Zoo- we are picking up subs
Thursday: Pizza Burgers and Grilled Veggies
Friday: Out with my Girlfriends
Saturday: Cookout for Lecker Family Party
Sunday: BLTs and Watermelon

Labels: